Home

Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

This is a discussion on Ratings discussion thread (official roster) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardknicksfan
the ratings should reflect how a players is playing at the moment. Right now Anthony Davis is up there. He's absolutely dominating.

Plus Dwight's magic were in the weak east. You put that pelicans squad in the east and there probably a juggernaut over there.
this juggernaut has lost 3 of 4 games against the eastern rivals.
how you can call him dominating, if he's losing games again and again?

this "weak" east had "big-three's" celtics and bron's cavs, for example. western conference is deeper, but the eastern always had great teams at the top of it
Old 12-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #50
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchkilegend
wade in 08-09 was 1st in scoring, 2nd in steals, 8th in assists in NBA, also 1th in blocks and 4th in rebounds for all the guards. led his team to the fifth place in conference

davis has been great for 20 games and of course, the improvement to 90-91 is ok. i want to say, there is no way to 94 overall, based only on the 20 games
also his improvement do not reflecting on team's record
his pelicans are 11th in the conference. and team's overall rating is 9th, is that ok?

for example, dwight howard's magic. he led them to finals, being three time defensive player. and you want to say, that davis now is better than howard-2009?
Quote:
the ratings should reflect how a players is playing at the moment. Right now Anthony Davis is up there. He's absolutely dominating.

Plus Dwight's magic were in the weak east. You put that pelicans squad in the east and there probably a juggernaut over there.
Quote:
yes, i have. four or five times, losses in denver and portland, win over kings, and yesterday's loss. so what?
I'm just going to say. I don't think you get it. First... Your worrying too much about overall ratings. I don't care if AD would have to be rated 99+ overall. All I want to see is Anthony Davis play like Anthony Davis. I want him to play exactly like that video I posted up there. Someone who gets points without really calling a play for him. Cleaning up other teammates defensive mistakes. And just being a terror for big men.

Edit: I don't get where you get this if his team keeps losing. Then he shouldn't be rated so high thing.

Last edited by jeebs9; 12-05-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
I think it's time for amare to crack the 80 OVR barrier. He has been Averging 13 ppg and 8 boards in 25 mins of play. Shooting 56 percent. That's better than Al horford who is Averging 13 ppg and 6 boards on 29 mins on 50 percent a game. Horford currently is a 84 and amare is a 79 OVR. I also think he deserves at least a bronze posterizer because I have seen him dunk on three different people the last four games including varejao yesterday. I remember harden Dunked on someone the first game of the season and they upgraded his posterizer to silver. Haven't seen him dunk on anyone since then.
and you want to tell that amare is better than horford, based only on stats? then sullinger, favors and monroe should been on the same level with duncan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
this juggernaut has lost 3 of 4 games against the eastern rivals.
how you can call him dominating, if he's losing games again and again?

this "weak" east had "big-three's" celtics and bron's cavs, for example. western conference is deeper, but the eastern always had great teams at the top of it
the lost to Cleveland, Washington, and Atlanta.
Cleveland d Washington and Atlanta are all currently top teams in the east. If he pelicans got to play against the magic, 76ers, Knicks and the other eastern tankers on the regular they would be in the top 5 in the east
Old 12-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm just going to say. I don't think you get it. First... Your worrying too much about overall ratings. I don't care if AD would have to be rated 99+ overall. All I want to see is Anthony Davis play like Anthony Davis. I want him to play exactly like that video I posted up there. Someone who gets points without really calling a play for him. Cleaning up other teammates defensive mistakes. And just being a terror for big men.

Edit: I don't get where you get this if his team keeps losing. Then he shouldn't be rated so high thing.

i just want to say, that according his overall he now is the best big in last 9-10 years. and i sure he is definetly not. great players change their teams from outsiders to contenders. what he's been able to do, is only to crack personal stats
Old 12-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
the lost to Cleveland, Washington, and Atlanta.
Cleveland d Washington and Atlanta are all currently top teams in the east. If he pelicans got to play against the magic, 76ers, Knicks and the other eastern tankers on the regular they would be in the top 5 in the east
"top 5" and "juggernaut" aren't the same thing. i don't sure, that the pelicans would be in the top 5 in the east. you have raptors, wizards, hawks, cavs, and bulls in that
Old 12-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #55
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
i just want to say, that according his overall he now is the best big in last 9-10 years. and i sure he is definetly not. great players change their teams from outsiders to contenders. what he's been able to do, is only to crack personal stats
What are you saying man?..... AD is the best big man in 10 years. He's playing like it right now. The last few guys who got his kind of numbers were guys like David Robinson And The Dream. We're talking about hall of famers. But if he stops playing like he is right now. Drop his ratings. Don't bring up old ratings systems from past 2k games. Anthony Davis is breaking the mold. In the last month I've seen him block Curry and LMA. Those guys shots are known as unblock able shots. When I try to compare him to someone in NBA history. The only person I can remotely think of is KG in his Prime in Minn. And that's not even close. KG wasn't doing things like this

The block is like the craziest recover I've seen in a long time. But that's not the best part. He sprints the other way for the dunk. Like a guard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #56
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
That first sentence is not necessarily true. There is a new formula in place for Overall rating. Cant really compare this year's to Overalls in 2K's past

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »