Home

How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

This is a discussion on How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #25
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
I have logged about 50 games of 12 minutes hall of fame sim this year in 2k15, here is my single biggest concern:

1) My weak side or strong side spot up shooters choose to spot up for long 2's instead of 3's. If the player in question is Lance Stephenson then is fine, but my Wesley Matthews and Ariza are doing this like 3-4 times each a game.

Sam Pham

I thought they fixed that?

What system you on Sam?

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #26
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I thought they fixed that?

What system you on Sam?
PS4 ^^ Hmmm is still happening for me a lot .. But it could be because of the offensive system I run. I demand my guys to move around like crazy haha
BTW Coach2K I was hoping you can give me some tips on scoring more with George Hill. I asked the question in detail on my Tips to Win thread, but I think you might have missed it ^^ Let me know if you got any tips on that haha I need some George Hill offense tips badly lol
Old 12-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

Lag is unbearable after the patch. IT's the most frustrating game i ever play online. It's just not smooth at all. Everything is just dragging and slow. It's a total joke. 2K team keep bringing out the same stuffs every year and never want to address this issues.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #28
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Lag is unbearable after the patch. IT's the most frustrating game i ever play online. It's just not smooth at all. Everything is just dragging and slow. It's a total joke. 2K team keep bringing out the same stuffs every year and never want to address this issues.

What the does this have to do with the OP?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #29
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
In my opinion, and I think many share it...2k15 & 2k11 are two examples of 2k doing a great job on addressing the community's concerns and patching the game...

After the great strides 2k11 made, the game that followed up (2k12) seemed to take a lot of steps back. For example, 2k11 did a great job of balancing rebounding...it probably hasn't been that balanced since....and 2k12 was the beginning of that down fall.

How do we stop this from happening again with 2k16?

Does 2k need to know what the community thinks DOESNT need "fixing"?
I'm probably posting this prematurely as I've only played two games since the patch was released, but for me they don't need to reinvent the wheel next year.

2k15 has played great for since the patch, so as far as I'm concerned maybe the could make a tweak here or there, but I would be fine if they focused the majority of 2016 cycle on shoring up the problems with some of their modes and finally giving online association the love that it deserves. Also I'd love to see presentation vastly improved. Add the halftime show back, make sure the Player of the Game Highlights work on PS4, things on that nature.

Honestly, I don't think Da Czar and company will let the gameplay take a step back like it did from 2k11 to 2k12. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't have that many worries when it comes to 2k16, but on my worry-list gameplay is towards the bottom.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #30
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The community as a whole but the entire OS audience is not the end all be all.

Thank goodness they hired actual community members to be apart of their team and guys who actually know what makes good basketball at that.

I think the triangle is so far off people's heads they don't even realize it's there. Especially to this degree. ... that's inside drive level greatness

Those freelance offenses are genius. That's definitely one thing that should be expanded on.
I bought 2k15 because it seemed like it took a significant step forward (I only buy every few years). The freelance offences weren't one of my reasons as I didn't know about them at the time.

Looking at it now, they just might be my favorite part about the game. Makes playing the teams that run them a complete joy and completely changes how I personally play. I can now run an offense with structure without resorting to auto playcalling. I love it so much.

To me, letting Czar continue to do work and expand on this is possibly the greatest thing that could happen to 2k16. There are other AI changes like taking advantage of matchups that I'm sure he wants to add as well. Expand the AI that's already there and I believe we'll have a game that plays phenomenally.

On a similar note the franchise modes took a serious step forward and I'd like to see that built upon for next year. Bringing back things from past years like CAPs with editable weight and accessories (and height over 7'2) could go a long way. I'd love to see body editing (think sizes of individual body parts) in a similar light to the face structuring we currently have.

Sitting down and reading through Larry Coon's CBA FAQ while steadily implementing the rules would be amazing, but more of a challenge to code an AI for I'd imagine. I'd also love to see a new progression/regression system put out that goes beyond a static "potential" ceiling that is almost always reached. There are so many things that can be added in to make franchises immersive; add in a couple things each year and I might just have to start buying the game annually.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just would like to play the game..i cant get passed the demo game even though its fully installed and i played the demo game at least 5 times..i left the press x screen there sitting for 10 hours..i did the psn suggestion as well....im sure its a great game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #32
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treazy
I just would like to play the game..i cant get passed the demo game even though its fully installed and i played the demo game at least 5 times..i left the press x screen there sitting for 10 hours..i did the psn suggestion as well....im sure its a great game
I feel you but this isn't the right thread for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »