Home

How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

This is a discussion on How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #49
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

Well since I don't have the patch maybe they built upon this, because I really feel like this year it seems like better teams (Spurs especially) can really dictate the flow of the game and beat you by doing it.

But I was thinking maybe good teams should get boosts (not online)..like the Spurs or Warriors are like playing on Hall of Fame, and good teams on All Star, mediocre teams on Superstar, and bad teams on Pro...
(Not necessarily that drastic, but just little boosts to make playing elite teams a chore, and bad teams a walk)..assuming you're a good team yourself.

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I agree 1000% as a old school bball player I can remember in my dorm room playing double dribble against everyone and we didn't complain how unrealistic or lack of defense that game was we just had fun with it and place no value to it..

Fast forward now and it a amazes me what people really complain about...I know it's a different era's but our mindset then was on having fun that's it..

If this game were in my era I swear I would not have graduated Lol...

2K to me made a perfect basketball game without no complaints from me...
I agree, as I enjoyed playing those same games back in the day. But with the price of these consoles and games today, compared to then, and its way more. So you expect more for your money. Additionally, you expect the incremental advances in video game technology to keep producing games that are better than last year's version. That's just how it is with all technology.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #51
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I would like even more expansion of the park/rec . It's crazy fun. 2k has done a lot to make every person feel different
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 03:42 AM   #52
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The community as a whole but the entire OS audience is not the end all be all.

Thank goodness they hired actual community members to be apart of their team and guys who actually know what makes good basketball at that.

I think the triangle is so far off people's heads they don't even realize it's there. Especially to this degree. ... that's inside drive level greatness

Those freelance offenses are genius. That's definitely one thing that should be expanded on.
I think a lot of people don't really understand the freelance options. I'm on OS every day and I see the freelance stuff mentioned but I've never really seen them explained. I played basketball in high school (25 years ago)and watch pretty much every Raptor game and consider myself to have some basketball knowledge. I understand zone and man defense. I understand the difference between a trap and a press but triangle and whatever other freelance stuff is beyond me. I'd like to know if someone could explain.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #53
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

The gameplay improves every year. That is a fact. 2k needs to keep doing what their doing on the gameplay front. The overly ambitious modus operandi of adding new modes every year has got to be tempered for the next iteration. Keep the same passion for improved gameplay year over year and fix the broken aspects of long time modes like Online Leagues that used to work flawlessly last gen. So in nutshell..stabilize the modes...stabilize the servers..and never let up on gameplay enhancements is how we keep the momentum going.

Also if the devs are going to expand on the existing brilliant plays, play types and freelance offenses, then please bring back practice play mode for the floor generals out there.

This was a much needed thread 24th. 2k15 has finally vanquished the legendary ghost that was 2k11 imo.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 12-16-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #54
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I would like even more expansion of the park/rec . It's crazy fun. 2k has done a lot to make every person feel different
Quite disagree with this, im sg and every opposition player of my position feel the same to guard. There is no flexibility with rating upgrades, its way too general. Barely any limit to badges you can get ( wish you'd have to choose just 1-2 of most powerful badges you can ever get). Also there should be lower limit of upgrades for mp/rec center games, every1 are jack of all trades eventually. Rating boosts nulify the diversity even more.
Also why we can't choose the more different types of bodies. Would really like to create PF with similar body of G.Davis or J.Sullinger .

Thats the aspect where mypark/myplayer mode could really improve.

Last edited by Vroman; 12-16-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #55
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

What does 2k15 get right? I love the rebounding and shot blocking. they feel great.

rebounding feels fair and the rebounding animations are just right. i love how even if your guy isn't directly under the ball, he can reach out for the ball and still grab it - this is SPECTACULAR. and i love how even if you jump for the rebound a bit early, your guy will still hang in the air a bit longer and can still reach out and grab the ball. i've been wanting these kinds of contextual rebounding animations for a while now and it's great that we finally have it.

shot blocking feels great as well. the animations feel right based on what i do with my controller input. no weird or unexpected animations. i feel like as long as i don't hold turbo or jump towards the shooter, i can effectively contest shots or block shots without fouling…and it feels controllable. like if i don't move the left stick, my guy will just straight up as he should…whereas in previous years your guy would often lunge toward the shooters and foul them when all you did was press the block button with no directional left stick input.

Last edited by blues rocker; 12-16-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #56
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Agreed on the rebounding. I was using the Clippers and Blake Griffin waiting on the rebound was boxed out but the ball vouched off the rim over both of our heads and Blake jumped to reach backwards to grab it behind his head... was a beautiful sequence

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »