Home

NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #137
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yeah they did finally make it so you can edit thos fake players, but personally I just feel if your not going to have every teams top players in it along with not actually having all the names in the data base, instead of having them be called by a stupid nickname or #, then its a waste of memory, and they could use that to make D League once again, but make it much better compared to what they did have it back when they had it in, and make sure those D League players names can be edited too.

JMO but I think people would get more use out of having D League in and playable in My League, My GM, or My player over having classic teams with a lot of missing key players. I only play offline, but I do enjoy when I 1st get the game to play the classic teams as well as the Euro teams in exhibition games. I think it would evn be neat to have Euro League in My League modes, too, and I really thought when they 1st put Euro teams int hat I wouldn't care to play with a bunch of foreign teams, but have to say I was wrong and really do enjoy those teams.
I feel you, but I can't think of a ton of classic teams included that are missing their top players. It seems 2K opted only to include classic teams if their top and key players were accounted for. The only squads I can think of that are really missing big guys are the '85 76ers, '87 Lakers, and '02 Kings (since removed).

In the Lakers and Kings' case, the star players (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Chris Webber) were included and playable when those teams were originally added and in Philly's case, it looks like Barkley was signed but then it turned out he'd only do the Dream Team (not a regular classic) so it appears to be a situation where they thought they had him and planned a team in response but then got left high and dry.

In all those cases, I was actually glad 2K didn't remove the teams after they lost the players (though, again, I think they did finally pull the Kings). It's kind of tough to replicate Abdul-Jabbar without goggles but people made some incredibly realistic Webbers and Barkleys, and I think both names may have been in the database (not to mention, their signature movements were already in the game). So being able to pair a realistic Barkley with Julius Erving, Maurice Cheeks, and Moses Malone at the Spectrum with the real jerseys (and short shorts) was wonderful, and worth it.

As for the D-League, I've always been a proponent. However, I've also been skeptical as to whether they'd ever be able to fill up those rosters realistically, with real players. My angle has always been for a fully editable D-League, like MVP Baseball 2005, and I don't think it'd have to be a "Classics or D-League" thing. I believe there could be co-existence.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-01-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #138
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballstreet2k
Two words: competition works. They went and worked on shoe models, a.k.a. that one thing Live was better at.

Let's hope we also get exploit free gameplay, even with no competition on that front.
Hopefully they improve the lighting in the game like Live has.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #139
MVP

OVR: 3

Two words: valar morghulis
Old 06-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #140
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Hopefully they improve the lighting in the game like Live has.
This is big for me, I know most gamers say 2k is a great looking game but if the lighting was on point this game can really look amazing personally I liked the lighting better in 2k14 compared to 15, but even 14 needed work.

They also need to match NBA Lives court replication. 2k court colors have been off for years now and it seems to get worse every year for some teams.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #141
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
This is big for me, I know most gamers say 2k is a great looking game but if the lighting was on point this game can really look amazing personally I liked the lighting better in 2k14 compared to 15, but even 14 needed work.

They also need to match NBA Lives court replication. 2k court colors have been off for years now and it seems to get worse every year for some teams.
2k14 looked better than 2k15 in everyway except faces.

But thats the pattern 2k follows. First game of a new gen is usually eye candy and each iteration after that decreases in graphics as the animation count rises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #142
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Annual hype train all aboard 😔

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #143
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1223
I just want alternate uniforms in my career.
We could get rich betting they wouldnt add em

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #144
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
2001 Blazers?
97-98 Pacers or give me death! (jk death is a little excessive)

I want to drain 3's with Reggie and The Mayor and throw down some smooth one-handed jams with The Dunking Dutchman.

The more 80s/90s teams the better.

Actually, just make me an "80s/90s teams only" NBA 2k game and put the current teams as "classic" teams. I'd be happy with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »