Home

NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #145
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
2k14 looked better than 2k15 in everyway except faces.

But thats the pattern 2k follows. First game of a new gen is usually eye candy and each iteration after that decreases in graphics as the animation count rises.
This is true, but I was hoping for a different outcome with the more powerful systems but so far its looking like the same old routine. Still hoping for the best this year everything needs to look better not just the faces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope they put the online associations back for 2k16 so our former league players can get it going again. Playing pickup games in the lobby is no fun and extreme cheese ball!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #147
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

If these guys can't fix the crowd 3 games into next generation ... it's pathetic how bad the crowd is in this game
Old 06-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #148
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

Re: NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I don't think we need RTP but I think a better collision detection is something that is needed, but Czar but I think I actually know what the big Wang announcement is.

The big Mike Wang announcement has to do with animations or visual.

"It is going to make the game look significantly better than any game that was made before it"

There are only a couple of things that can make the game look better, better scanned models which they didn't announce but I think was pretty much leaked already. The players faces are already scanned so now they may have added scanned arms to get full body scans. While I don't know how difficult this is it doesn't seem something that body scans should be stressing out the A.I. Engineers

The other thing that would make the game look significantly better is signature movement and I can see how this could stress out A.I. engineers especially because it involves capturing different running styles and would mean they have to animate a bunch of different players running movement style.

The two words are Signature Ecomotion

Basically 2K roots are deeply set into Signature everything, shots, dunks dribbling and even celebrations now. This new Signature Ecomotion will basically incorporate signature running syles and movement so that players will now run, move more like themselves. It is the next level of blurring the lines between TV and video games and I think it will make the difference in players really noticeable when playing and viewing.

This idea came up in a 2k15 Simulation idea thread while they were making 2K15 someone mentioned something about signature movements and I just ran with the Signature movements

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...8&postcount=17
You might be onto something
Old 06-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #149
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I thought they gave up on Ecomotion. Was it in 2K15?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #150
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I thought they gave up on Ecomotion. Was it in 2K15?
I am not sure I just ran with a catchy name. I really think the big announcement really has to do with animations though definitely something really signature.

Now I didn't say this before but what if they are actually trying to incorporate some animations that go along with personality badges or cold and hot streaks. I might be reaching but when I think about the animations, players are amped and animated when doing something big but I can't really say I can really notice when players are down having a bad game.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:29 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 0

Connected MyCareer

......maybe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 AM   #152
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm guessing quicker off-ball animations are involved. I think I remember Czar responding to a related question last year, mentioning how challenging it was to speed up the off-ball animations. And I can see them focusing on this with the year Curry & The Worriors had.

I also think we can count on more teams with their actual offensive sets. Improved AI within that?

I can't think of anything that would improve the look of the game more than the combination of those 2 things. RTP would be nice, but wouldn't have as much impact without realistic off-ball movement to accompany it.

I'm excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »