Home

No more Lebron at Point?

This is a discussion on No more Lebron at Point? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No more Lebron at Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
With the way the NBA is moving, it may be time to allow a third position or maybe even more.
Players like Draymond Green can play the 3, 4, and 5. The Greek Freak can play the 2, 3, and 4. LeBron plays 1 through 4.
Once you implement that then you'll be able to make it to where a player can't be played at a position that's not on his card. If they inserted that rule now with only a primary and secondary position then a lot of real-life strategies would be impossible to replicate in game.

I do agree it will limit so strategies as some players are able to play more than just the primary and secondary positions but most people who play characters like Lebron out of position aren't employing strategies 9 times out of 10 they do it to cheese

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #10
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto500
I do agree it will limit so strategies as some players are able to play more than just the primary and secondary positions but most people who play characters like Lebron out of position aren't employing strategies 9 times out of 10 they do it to cheese

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Touché.

10char
Old 07-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
As cheesy as it can be, LeBron is the PG at all times he is on the floor anyways... Even when he's on the floor with Kyrie, it's more like PG: LeBron SG: Kyrie SF: Shumpert. We just call them by their listed positions cause of size
LeBron isn't the point guard. Just becuase he handles the ball doesn't make him that, that's why he's called Point Forward a lot. If those were the positions LeBron would regularly guard the other teams point guard, which he does not. He's a Small Forward that initiates the offense, not a point guard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #12
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

I hope so. People only do it to run baseline. Very annoying to go against 3 SF, 2 C Lineups.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #13
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboncoms
LeBron isn't the point guard. Just becuase he handles the ball doesn't make him that, that's why he's called Point Forward a lot. If those were the positions LeBron would regularly guard the other teams point guard, which he does not. He's a Small Forward that initiates the offense, not a point guard.
Your sotta missing the point.. thats kind of what I'm saying. He's listed as a small forward, so yes he is a small foward who initiates, but his duties on the floor when he's with his teammates are the duties of a point guard
Old 07-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #14
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

nah , lets make people use primary positions instead. People want all small foward lineup + curry and hakeem lol. Time to turn myteam in to a chess match cause you guys currently playing checkers
Old 07-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #15
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Your sotta missing the point.. thats kind of what I'm saying. He's listed as a small forward, so yes he is a small foward who initiates, but his duties on the floor when he's with his teammates are the duties of a point guard
so in myteam we all know no one uses him that way. All they do is bum rush the paint trying to dunk with him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 06:37 PM   #16
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Time to turn myteam in to a chess match cause you guys currently playing checkers
1000000x this please

There is no reason for MyTeam to be so braindead and cheese-oriented

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »