Home

I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM

This is a discussion on I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
It might matter at first but eventually the majority of the people that play it will upgrade their rating high enough to the point of being unstoppable.

Every player being 99ovr is what kills the balance, they need to get rid of ratings in the MyPlayer online modes and come up with something similar to a perk system that online shooter use to balance their PvP online modes.
Having a 90+ ovr character is like having unlimited, instant access to every gun, gadget and perk in a shoot-em-up game.

Here's the thing, I plough hours and hours and hours into mycareer mode. I see him progress from the dirge he starts off as to a superstar. I've read things on these boards about how every player shouldn't be allowed to become a 99 etc, but if anyone puts the time in required to max out, which in 2k15 was over 1 and a half full seasons (including the 2 playoff runs), then it's really not fair.

The fact anyone can put in the time and do it, is exactly what does make the rating system fair. I really enjoy career mode (it's the only one I play), but if I had to churn through 4/5 seasons in order to max out, then that's just not realistic to do that. I like to have a few careers going.

I personally don't care what another online players height or overall is, I only care that zig-zag, BtB side to side, and hesi is gone. Everything else I can cope with. I've had players light it up against me, and I'll message them that their shot was too good that game and well played. If I lose against a complete side to sider then occasionally I'll ask if they ever get bored just doing that one thing over and over again all day. Sometimes it sparks a good conversation about the game, others I just get called names etc. But not ever, would I ever want someone else's ratings to be held back to help me if he'd put 250hrs into the game, and I'd only put 50hrs in. Admittedly with the glitches and demi's things aren't great at the mo, but they'll be removed for 16.

So if I put all that time in, then I have to use a weaker player to make it easier for other online people, then that seems slightly ridiculous to me.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #10
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I think we're more leaning towards being able to max your guy out with VC.

If you played enough in the first week or two to already be a 95 or whatever...then good, you earned it.

But I'm the same way in 15..even in the park I try and shut people down. I always make a lanky small forward...blocks steals and rebounds then either outlet or take it to the rim.

I really hope they improve on the defense a lot, or at least tune down the input lag...and I don't even care about the cheese, it's funnier to me when you lock a cheeser down and they can't get a inch of space on you.

-Allen Iverson
Old 08-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #11
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

It's 2015 a lot of people play the game online. People will try to exploit the game regardless and its 2K job to do everything they can to prevent people from doing it. Over the years they haven't done a great job doing that but they have improved some. Defense needs to be a MAJOR priority in every mode. I felt like defensively they have taking steps back over the last few years and it constantly kills the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #12
Rookie

To me nba 2k15 defense has improved from 2k14 and 2k13. I've locked alot of players down in the park and in my team. Defense is harder for me in the rec though. The corner step backs is over powered thats the only move i can't defend. I can stop the zig zags but it's annoying playing people who do it all game. 2k need to up the difficulty level and change the speed of the defender. Plus remove some animations that makes our defender move by thereselves when a person does specific moves. If these changes can be made especially raising the difficulty settings then defense will be back.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #13
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
It's 2015 a lot of people play the game online. People will try to exploit the game regardless and its 2K job to do everything they can to prevent people from doing it. Over the years they haven't done a great job doing that but they have improved some. Defense needs to be a MAJOR priority in every mode. I felt like defensively they have taking steps back over the last few years and it constantly kills the gameplay.
I agree 100%. 2K has taken steps backwards from a defensive standpoint. My issue is not making defense easy enough that EVERYONE can play lockdown D. But instead actually reward great defense when it is being played.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 08-06-2015, 02:28 PM   #14
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Let me be the realist here. It's an online mode, welcome to Green Bay, home of the cheeseheads.
Yea. If there's a way to cheese, people will find it.

They really need to stop zig zagging though if anything.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #15
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Everyone always says theres 99s running around every where. I don't even see them that often. Most people are low/mid 90s, and I see alot of 80s. You get 99s but no where in comparison to what people exagerate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #16
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Defense will all be dependent on what 2k's default sliders are for Pro Am games. If they keep it on PRO and if PRO's anything like 2k15's defense, prepare so be frustrated trying to stop cheesers.

From the way I see it, defense isn't that big of a problem in 2k15, it's the fact that shots outside the paint go in WAY too often. I once beat a guy 63-58 and he scored 0 points in the paint the whole game. Grant it it was a myteam game, but it still shows the level of BS of how OP offense is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »