Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Green releases are much rarer in NBA 2K16 and also no longer 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
There have been battles even internally over missed green releases, especially now that they're so hard to get. I really think it's an unsolvable problem. The best news I can give you is that our shots engineer has made just about every knob I use to tune shooting modifiable on the server side post release just like a roster update. So if there's something the community isn't happy with I can tweak the system and update your games without the need for a patch. So what happened with patch 4 last year will never happen again.
This sounds good, but can be a double edged sword. People tend to complain far more than they praise, and the ones who complain the most seem to be on the 'casual' end of the spectrum. What about those who have adapted to the way the shooting system is and/or customized their sliders perfectly? Do we need to worry that on any given day the gameplay experience can change because some community members idea of a 'balanced' shooting system is one in which they can hit every open shot? Doesn't seem realistic that there will ever be a unified interpretation across the board of what is realistic or simulation as it pertains to this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #42
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
There have been battles even internally over missed green releases, especially now that they're so hard to get. I really think it's an unsolvable problem. The best news I can give you is that our shots engineer has made just about every knob I use to tune shooting modifiable on the server side post release just like a roster update. So if there's something the community isn't happy with I can tweak the system and update your games without the need for a patch. So what happened with patch 4 last year will never happen again.
Have you guys thought of just having open shot ratings vs. contested ratings? All of the information exists on NBA.com

Did the open bonus get removed I hope so?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #43
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Guys were arguing me up and down when I said 2k said green releases were supposed to go in every time in 15 and I missed quite a few .

I never liked the shot meter because it distracted me so much . When it's off I can't find a good release though
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100%

This is intresting. I see many people at LD2K twitter says they sometimes missed if they had a green release "100%" . I played over 500 games in online one vs one and i can remember that my shots "100%" always going in. Hmm..
Old 08-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #45
Just started!

How about you just get rid of this silly shot bar and go back to the old shooting system nothing was wrong with it except fixing bs shots if it's not green the miss % should be high if geen you have a good chance of hitting ONLY on reasonable shots not contested that bar is too distracting it a problem to me when I can be more consistent in real life open than in a video game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #46
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
This is intresting. I see many people at LD2K twitter says they sometimes missed if they had a green release "100%" . I played over 500 games in online one vs one and i can remember that my shots "100%" always going in. Hmm..
It's rare after the later patches for NBA 2K15.

I personally LIKE the fact it's not 100%. I'd argue it takes away from the drama of the in-game intensity and takes away from the anticipation of whether or not you're going to make or miss. I like the adjustment, personally.

Gameplay team always looking at shooting %'s. Being able to adjust the game's shooting in all areas as realistic as possible is HUGE. Realism always the goal. Like what Beluba shared today.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 08-11-2015, 01:51 PM   #47
Rookie

b1baller's Arena

The BIG news here is that there is no longer a patch needed to fix shooting flaws or exploits
Old 08-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Open jumpshots in an NBA game for an average NBA player should be around 50%-70%. Open 3 pointers around 40-50. That's on perfect release with NO contest.

Not even Michael Jordan was knocking down 100% of his open uncontested jumpers.
Yes....dead on...I love Mike but he was a volume shooter that was able to get his own shot and work himself in a rhythm...but like anyone...the furthest from basket the lower your chance to make shot regardless of perfect release...the highlights make us think he made every shot....the same goes for Kobe, A.I. and Lebron....only person I can think of is an outlier is S.Curry....as frustrating as this may become, this represents true life dynamics....I do hope getting hot makes a different

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »