Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Footage Leaked

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Footage Leaked within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Gameplay Footage from Nba 2k16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
I noticed that they still seem to have the slow floaty passes in the game.. Its been a problem for years and needs to be fixed..
That's only because the user is using the triangle/y button for over head pass.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Hopefully I can go 0-82 this year when trying to win. That is all.

I also noticed that as well because the first thing I always look at is footplanting, especially defense. Offense always seem to have better footplant than defenders. This is one of the few times that I will say I couldn't really tell because I couldn't really make out if the legs and feet were actually moving and taking steps. The video was so blurry, plus the darn ref was in the way. I tried rewatching it a few more times (even slowing the video down to a speed of 0.25; youtube setting found in the video), and notice near the end of Green's backward movements that both of his feet looks to be moving. But they were "small steps, close steps" taken. Still difficult to truly make out, but it gives me a little hope. I still have concerns like I always do with footplant. But slowing down the footage gives me a little hope that Green actually moved his legs and feet.
That's also the 1st thing I look for lol. I'm huge on foot planting! It's been my biggest concern with 2K over the years. You can definitely see the improvements but like I said unfortunately there is still some noticeable sliding mainly with defenders.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #75
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Game looks great as expected. I hate to be that guy but I have to point it out in hopes that the devs can tighten up. I still noticed some sliding on the court. It's most noticeable when defenders are in one on one coverage. I was really hoping this would've been completely eliminated but unfortunately I still noticed it. I also noticed it in the Scott OG gameplay clips when LeBron was guarding Melo. It's definitely not as bad as it was & it looks much improved but it's still there. I hope this can be tightened up. Other than that the game looks amazing even with this low res off camera footage.
As someone who looks first at footplanting for defense every year, that's the impression I got for these newly release NBA2k16 clips in the blogs and here. Blogs are more noticeable because the videos are crisp and clear.

Having new and more realistic footplant technology is great if it works as intended. Seeing as how footplant still looks to be a concern of mine (based on what I see, some people will likely chime in and say otherwise, but my eyes still see it as a concern), my guess to either eliminate or massively improve actual foot - plant - move - foot - plant - move is attack the concern with more subtle transitional animations. Without the proper footplant animation at the players disposal, the virtual players need to compensate by shifting just a little to get into better position.

One of the reason why I think players warped to certain spots seems to be a lack of subtle animation. The characters don't have enough animations at their disposal to execute certain movements is why I'm guess sliding is still present.

I'm thinking more foot plant animations needs to be captured. I'm thinking short, medium, longer strides including short, medium, long foot steps and placements along with more footwork in areas relating to transition especially on the defensive side when the defender is trying to guard the offensive ball handler. Again, I'm just guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
That's also the 1st thing I look for lol. I'm huge on foot planting! It's been my biggest concern with 2K over the years. You can definitely see the improvements but like I said unfortunately there is still some noticeable sliding mainly with defenders.
So when are we going to create a thread devoted to footplanting. 30 days after the release of 2k16?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #76
Banned

Enso's Arena

When can we expect Ronnie 2k to do a live stream of the game? Quality is so bad those vids are not even worth watching.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #77
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Oh right. I forgot. Others can point out things they don't like and that's fine. But when I do it, a select few have to whine. They're (you) the real problem.

I've given nothing but praise for the last few weeks over things that look/sound great. Nothing wrong with mentioning something that they still haven't fixed. Heck, there's a whole thread complaining about atmosphere and rim sounds.

Very simple. I dont care if you respond to people calling you out about your complaints

However you've become very annoying with the constant pointing out of the same exact thing in EVERY thread.

Not only that but you seem to not know the difference between complaining and feedback or constructive criticism.

I don't care what kind of thread people made about rim sounds, its not for you to come out as a deflection of someone calling you on your constant complaining.

That said I've already warned you so the next time your name will be pink no ifs ands or buts
Old 09-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #78
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso
When can we expect Ronnie 2k to do a live stream of the game? Quality is so bad those vids are not even worth watching.
Operation sports is visiting 2k studios this week, I expect they will have the first in game footage.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #79
Rookie

[quote=LBJay89;2047641334]Hey Guys,

I know the Quality is Bad, but the Camera Men is a Friend of mine and the User was his Friend.[/QUOTE
do you guys have any other footage maybe u guys gonna release? can u ask him
Old 09-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #80
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
@ 0.22 of the first clip : Green is moonwalking like a boss.
lmaooooo

Cmon nah green!!!

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 09-07-2015 at 09:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »