Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Footage Leaked

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Footage Leaked within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New Gameplay Footage from Nba 2k16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Yea this was explained in the podcast. Also one of the gamestop managers said that the same thing happend to them, the moment he got matched up on Lebron with Steph Curry. They attack the mismatch
The SimNation stream? I must've gotten distracted at that part.

This is awesome.

I mean it's one thing to hear a dev talk about it but to see it?

I only wish we had seen Mozgov or Tristan on Curry to see if Curry just starts dancing on him or blows by.

That A.I... and I mean no offense to the user controlling the Warriors, I appreciate him sharing the footage but let's face it, he wasn't exactly playing sim... or well. At all.

And yet the A.I still looked great? Imagine what it'll be like if it's playing against a seasoned 2k vet hahaha.

I can't wait for this game.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Exactly things like that is what i call "next gen gaming", I want the ai to be unpredictable like a user would be.
I'm with you on that. I said something similar when ps4 was first released. There was a thing on twitter that asked "what does next gen mean to you?"

I can't tell you the amount of people that said graphics. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good looking game. And it can be a selling point for me.

But IMHO. What truly defines a console is the level of A.I you get from the top games.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #51
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
The SimNation stream? I must've gotten distracted at that part.

This is awesome.

I mean it's one thing to hear a dev talk about it but to see it?

I only wish we had seen Mozgov or Tristan on Curry to see if Curry just starts dancing on him or blows by.

That A.I... and I mean no offense to the user controlling the Warriors, I appreciate him sharing the footage but let's face it, he wasn't exactly playing sim... or well. At all.

And yet the A.I still looked great? Imagine what it'll be like if it's playing against a seasoned 2k vet hahaha.

I can't wait for this game.
I think it was the podcast they did earlier in the day before Czar released his blog.

Also I'm glad the guy wasnt playing sim. I was glad to see zig zagging/chucking threes wasn't being rewarded
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #52
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

@ 0.22 of the first clip : Green is moonwalking like a boss.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #53
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

....just...wow.

Here's my take away from just watching video one.

The movement is gorgeous. It felt realistic. It was really like watching a game. 2k15 had the look, but in motion still looked "gamey". This game felt like I was watching a broadcast.

LeBron posting curry up, and the Kyrie hop dribble->Hesi->Baseline drive when he got crowded are awesome. They looked real. Even the neutral dribbles while debating the screen halfway through looked amazing.

Passing was crisp. And the one long rebound I saw was not something from 2k15. I've rebounded a lot in that game, and that angle was not familiar. I dig it.

The footwork and physics are there, and that gives it a sense of reslism. I cannot wait to learn how to flat out torch bad defenders this year.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
It could just be me but besides for the scoreboard I dont see much of anything that I can say reminds me of 2k15, and I love that.
No its not just you.. or if so at least its the two of us then^^

I have hardly seen an old animation.. even the animations that seem familliar seem to have been slightly tweaked.

The Body scanning is huge. gives a whole new feel to the players. Foot planting while not 100% perfect is great to see.

Passing seems totally new. allthough for me some passes still seem too slow. Or is it just me? On some passes it almost feels like a second from player to player. wich rarley happens in real life. Passes are usually faster.

But maybe my eyes are cheating on me here^^

Overall it looks totally different wich is great.

2k14 was graphics update,Myplayer and MyTeam
2k15 was Myleage and MyGM
2k16 is Pro AM and new Gameplay foundation

Edit:
Ah in regards of passing my eyes did in fact kinda cheat me. the passes the User made looked so slow and sluggish because he was throwing overhead/lobs all the time failing to use the other pass buttons. The CPU passes are fine though!

Last edited by crazy_87; 09-07-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #55
Rookie

has anyone else noticed how the User didnt guard Shumpert and how the CPU took total advantage scoring easy points with Iman?

Thats amazing AI there! recognizing who the user is guarding well and who the user is leaving open and adapting accordingly on the fly.

nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #56
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Hopefully I can go 0-82 this year when trying to win. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
@ 0.22 of the first clip : Green is moonwalking like a boss.
I also noticed that as well because the first thing I always look at is footplanting, especially defense. Offense always seem to have better footplant than defenders. This is one of the few times that I will say I couldn't really tell because I couldn't really make out if the legs and feet were actually moving and taking steps. The video was so blurry, plus the darn ref was in the way. I tried rewatching it a few more times (even slowing the video down to a speed of 0.25; youtube setting found in the video), and notice near the end of Green's backward movements that both of his feet looks to be moving. But they were "small steps, close steps" taken. Still difficult to truly make out, but it gives me a little hope. I still have concerns like I always do with footplant. But slowing down the footage gives me a little hope that Green actually moved his legs and feet.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-07-2015 at 06:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »