Home

Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall

This is a discussion on Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #33
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall

I don't see a problem with 77 overall.

Andre is a jack of all trades player and other than defense (all aspects of it), and passing he's not really that great at anything.

He is wildly inconsistent with his shooting, a god awful free throw shooter and very timid offensively overall. Because he would rather pass and get others involved than score...no biggie.

Based on the new 2k ratings I'd even venture to say 77 was a gift.

Just because he locked up/made things tough (kinda) on LeBron (which was actually a team effort, because Bron was bullying him in the paint) and had a couple good scoring games in the Finals doesn't mean you need to turn him in to something he is not.

Let's be serious.

Last edited by GSW; 09-16-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #34
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Shut down is a strong statement

Series averages of
35.8 ppg
13.3 rpg
8.8 apg
Well, when you can hold a guy's FG% to 10% worse than their career average, most consider that 'shutting down'
Old 09-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #35
Rookie

Joshdonnie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Box score stats? Really? Get with the times man. His on/off numbers have been historically good. And let's face it. The only other defender in the league that has ever shut LeBron down is Kawhi Leonard.

Anyone who watches him play knows how good he is. I mean he didn't get the Finals MVP for nothing. Come on now. Don't be silly.
Lebron averaged 35 13 and 8 and your trying to tell me Igoudola shut him down?! whatever im done bitching about this. Igoudola should be a 77 hes so overrated lately its ridiculous. Props to 2k for making me happy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Well, when you can hold a guy's FG% to 10% worse than their career average, most consider that 'shutting down'
Jimmy butler held him to the same percentage just lebron averaged ten points less also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
I don't see a problem with 77 overall.

Andre is a jack of all trades player and other than defense (all aspects of it), and passing he's not really that great at anything.

He is wildly inconsistent with his shooting, a god awful free throw shooter and very timid offensively overall. Because he would rather pass and get others involved than score...no biggie.

Based on the new 2k ratings I'd even venture to say 77 was a gift.

Just because he locked up/made things tough (kinda) on LeBron (which was actually a team effort, because Bron was bullying him in the paint) and had a couple good scoring games in the Finals doesn't mean you need to turn him in to something he is not.

Let's be serious.
I commend you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #36
Pro

Some people just have to complain and nitpick everything on these forums. Lavines rating out the box for 2k15 was pretty low and people still used him to posterize everything before they nerfed the dunks.

Ratings are fine. It's the fine tuning of the shot percentages that's more important.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2015, 07:29 PM   #37
Rookie

Big Iggy fan, but I agree with the rating.

Anybody remember when 2K had him at 86 overall for like 2 or 3 years straight?
Old 09-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I don't need to play the game to know what rating he should be. You can tell from how they play in real life. Record book level on/off numbers, strong advanced metrics, shuts down the best player in the game during the finals. Name a 77 overall from a previous 2k who is the same.

Anthony Morrow, Aaron Brooks, Andre Iguodala.

Someone sticks out in that list. That's a 70s list with a guy who shouldn't be in the 70s.

Isiah Thomas, Hassan Whiteside, Andre Iguodala.

That's an 80s list with a guy who isn't in there but should be.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #39
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
He was pretty fatigued having to play so many minutes as well as all five positions on offense and defense. I'm sure that had something to do with his below average shooting. Iguodala made him take some tough shots (actually Golden State's team defense did) but they were still makeable shots. Pretty clear that fatigue was a factor. Even with the poor shooting percentage he still put up huge numbers and was a couple bounces away from possibly winning the series.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #40
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshdonnie
Jimmy butler held him to the same percentage just lebron averaged ten points less also.
Where does Jimmy Butler come in to this? Jimmy is a great defender... Iggy is a great defender... what's your point? He averaged 10 less points because Kyrie was healthy that series.. (LeBron took 43 less shots in the same amount of games)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Even with the poor shooting percentage he still put up huge numbers and was a couple bounces away from possibly winning the series.
With usage that high, of course he put up those numbers (Westbrook in the last 3 months).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »