Home

NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-25-2015, 01:38 AM   #3049
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread

Just wanted to share that I'm one game past AllStar Break and was in Dunk contest although they had me skipping it but have not gotten one single contact dunk foul yet.

When I say the rules in 2k go out the window I really mean they just go so above and beyond with the munckin coding, I can get thrown to the ground and no foul, players jump through me on dunks and no foul.

They be like "Be happy we let you score. Shut up and keep playing."
Old 12-25-2015, 01:47 AM   #3050
Rookie

Ohh and I did an experiemt in single player with sliders and put CPU to absolute worst in everything.

Observation.

You cannot make the CPU not play defense they are slide wherever the ball is and locked to matchup regardless.

My A.I. even with this advantage still couldn't play their matchup and dominate in any way.

CPU was still pulled to every offensive ball

CPU still recovered majority of balls knocked lose from them.

CPU still dribbled like Chef Curry no matter who had the ball.

CPU still was faster

CPU still auto-boxed out my entire team regardless of size matchups

CPU still "threw" bullet passes amongst each other and only an OCCASIONAL bad pass.

CPU still pulled to every rebound.

My AI was STILL being pulled out of position even though it was man coverage tight, my AI would still just self implode.

Most important of all these, my AI was religiously forced to commit foul animations or just anything was a foul on my AI while CPU still could rampage through us with immunity.

Give it a try if you don't believe me,.............smh.

Last edited by ArtistMonk; 12-25-2015 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:40 AM   #3051
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

"My" Knicks are still getting better every game it seems.. I'm the only one filling all 3 stat categories.. just beat the 30-17 Pistons to move to 1 game below .500 now at 24-25. 3rd straight game with a triple double.. 14 assists again.. but 7 turnovers.. 3 of those the 'wtf' type that 2k gives us.. I pump faked.. got a guy up..and when I tried to run baseline to the bucket I ran out of bounds, the other 2 weird ones Grant and Diaw fumbled passes. While they seem to have fixed Melo doing it over and over, my SG hadn't really 'skated' as people call it.

I think 'dimer' is paying off now that I got it, I think 5 of my 14 assists went for 3's. After all the turnovers and few assists I'm getting CLOSE to getting the 'Pure Point Rating' next-gen stat over 0 finally..

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 04:00 AM   #3052
Rookie

I think I'm just gonna start over with another guy. I think this time, I'll be a PG. For some reason, SF wasn't keeping my interests in 2k.

Sponsored by @NoScopeGlasses and @JagGrips. Check them both out on Twitter.

Tell them Smokin_Acez sent you..
Old 12-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #3053
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I tell a lot of PPl a 6'6-6'7 PG seems to fit them better
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #3054
Rookie

made a 7'3 280 defensive anchor who is like shaq on offense
Old 12-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #3055
Pro

I stopped playing mycareer this week because i was unable to create myplayer that resembles me, face scanning is nice one but i want body options because in reality i'm more lanky guy than bulky, 2k only gave me option to look bulky regardless of my weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #3056
Rookie

meccs's Arena

I'm done with this game, especially MyCareer. After the last patches and updates the game is no longer fun for me. Movement feel weird now, teammate AI defense is no longer existing, what goes in and what doesn't makes no sense at all. I get doubled EVERY time I set a high pick, every time I get close to the rim and god forbid I happen to touch the sprint button. Every opponent AI guard thinks he is Westbrook and drives to the paint or dribbling like Kyrie regardless of who it actually is. I feel like I'm playing a completely different game now. The guard defenders are insane now, whenever you get close to the 3pt line the stop you. It's like you run into a sticky wall. It also feels like I get locked into animations way more often now, situations where I feel I have little to no control over what my guy is actually doing. Playing defense doesn't get rewarded anymore, the AI just holds the ball and dribbles into the defense (without loosing the ball) and then makes a 2pt/3pt from double coverage. Intercepting the ball is almost impossible. Standing between the passer and the guy that receives the ball and it will go right through you. This happened before but you could at least intercept it from time to time.

I could go on but eh...

Last edited by meccs; 12-25-2015 at 12:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »