Home

Old 09-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #33
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
CROWD

Great atmosphere in sports games can really pull you into the action and is very important in my decision on a purchase. My 5.1 surround setup needs great audio, that is why I spent so much on it.

Most sports games have improved in this area except for 2k hoops. A shame, really.

Sent using a telephone
Old 09-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: CROWD

This is huge concern to me and it has been neglected by 2K for years now. Why...why...WHY?!! This is one area that the other game (probably only area) that it gets right. Arena atmosphere! The crowd needs to respond to that game winning basket, an "and 1" and a big shot on a run. I'm surprised Mike Wang hasn't hit on dynamic crowds seeing that he worked on Live 10. That game excelled in that area. NBA 2K16 seems flawless up to this one area.

And "no", turning up the volume doesn't help the reaction of the crowd. How does this problem continue to persist baffles me.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #35
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Doesn't change their movement, how they are static 90% of the game.
If you are playing in Los Angeles it's all the botox!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Great atmosphere in sports games can really pull you into the action and is very important in my decision on a purchase. My 5.1 surround setup needs great audio, that is why I spent so much on it.

Most sports games have improved in this area except for 2k hoops. A shame, really.

Sent using a telephone
Exactly how I feel. I was hesitant to make a thread on it but glad others value this as much as I do.

I spent more money on my sound set up than just about any other leisure purchase. STRICTLY FOR SPORTS. Ever since I experienced a game on HD surround sound at my friends lobby, I could not go back.

Anywho, it makes a difference. Any sports fanatic knows this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

I will say this, the default crowd is set at 40. Crank it up to 100 and it gets MUCH better.

Still plenty of room for improvement, but its a lot better with crowd volume turned to 100.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I will say this, the default crowd is set at 40. Crank it up to 100 and it gets MUCH better.

Still plenty of room for improvement, but its a lot better with crowd volume turned to 100.
Again this doesn't translate to online, and you can't crank crowd reaction from 'sleep' to 'excited', only the overall volume.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Idk how it is in other modes but in my career pc the crowd sounds are amazing, especially in HS and college games. Chants and noise are on point BUT the crowd was always sitting down, barely moving. Very frustrating and kills the atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-G925V
Old 09-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #40
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
CROWD

Turning up the volume of the crowd will help you hear some of the reactions they give...and they actually do make some pretty cool reactions...

It doesn't fix he fact that it's not always consistent of that the crowd doesn't "pop" loud enough for big plays...that's an issue 2k has to address directly

Again, if you literally aren't hearing anything form the crowd until the 4th....then there is an issue and it may be a legitimate glitch your experiencing. Next time I boot up I'll record some of the stuff I hear just within the 1st quarter...

Same thing with movement....if you're not seeing them follow the action, stomp their feet, clap their hands 90% of the time then there's another issue- assuming you're playing and not solely going off the YT vid

There does seem to be a glitch with arena music not playing when you call a TO though...

Side note: I noticed in a game vs. NO that the fans didn't sit down until they scored....has that always been in 2k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »