Home

2k16 dribbling

This is a discussion on 2k16 dribbling within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2015, 03:56 AM   #49
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2k16 dribbling

Pressing X/square and hitting the L stick backwards does the step back. It keeps the dribble alive aswell.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:20 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Pressing X/square and hitting the L stick backwards does the step back. It keeps the dribble alive aswell.

Yes it's easier to pull off this year. I also like the quick shuffle steps you can do while gathering for a jump shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2015, 04:28 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 3

Also, you guys have to remember that you can't break someone down on every play. Actually, half the time, your play will breakdown due to great defense and you'll just have to take a contested shot. Or your opponent will decide to protect the paint and then slashing will be dead. You will be forced to pull up for all of your points if your opponent decides to completely deny the paint and give you sag off shots.

Happens in real basketball and happens in this game. Don't feel bad if you can't slash on the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 04:59 AM   #52
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Yeah good post. A ball handler completely blowing by a defender doesnt happen that often IRL.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:09 AM   #53
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It's not just who is guarding you. It is also are they in correct defensive position. Meaning if a guy is slow but is gapping you and maintaining his distance it's going to be hard to beat him off the dribble.

OG talked about the defenders understanding their length and knowing where they need to be. Also if your a broadcast camera guy consider 2k cam for practice it helps you see the angles much better.
Ill give it a go, I'm not even about to argue with Da Czar
Old 09-26-2015, 05:14 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
What I mean by the one you are talking about is if you held the shot button, you could shoot. That's why I said tied to shooting. Last year it automatically put you in the shot animation, but this year, you actually can start dribbling again. Look for it to be potentially exploited. I know one animation does it and the ball is basically picked up and should be a travel if you begin moving again. I forgot who I was doing it with. Want to say Kyrie? But not 100% on that.

And yeah, that's what I am talking about. You could hop back and also like pull the ball back. I can do it still but it doesn't work sometimes because it'll do a size up.
I thiiiiink we're on the same page, but just to be sure check out the vid below. The first chain of step backs are the moves i was referencing, the actual shot is off of a stepback that can be cancelled.

Quote:
Yeah. How does that get triggered this year?
From what ive seen it can only be done as an escape from a crowding animation and maybe a escape hesitation off of contact, but I could be wrong. The little step back i have been trying to explain could be an alternative, check it out:

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-26-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Yeah good post. A ball handler completely blowing by a defender doesnt happen that often IRL.
I feel like they key is to get the defender leaning the attack the weak side, here I did use a couple of size ups and as soon as he leaned I went the other way. I mainly attack mismatches but the rules apply to regular matchups also
I'm not owed anything by anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 11:30 AM   #56
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
I feel like they key is to get the defender leaning the attack the weak side, here I did use a couple of size ups and as soon as he leaned I went the other way. I mainly attack mismatches but the rules apply to regular matchups also
Nice. You recorded that on PS4?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »