Home

MyLeague Sim Stats Too High

This is a discussion on MyLeague Sim Stats Too High within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Sim Stats Too High

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
I'm going to fix each players defensive rebounding ratings and will upload my work once 2K updates with a more up-to-date roster.
This will be nice!

After simming another season, this time with just the regular roster, it seems scoring is still too high. Most top 20 scorers are seeing moderate to major increases in points compared to the previous year, while very few players have any decreases:

Lillard +8.5 ppg
Davis +3.1 ppg
K. Thompson: +4.7 ppg
Anthony: +2.7 ppg (in 3 less mpg)
James: +.6 ppg
Harden: -2.2 ppg
DeRozan: +4.7 ppg
Griffin: +2.5 ppg
Horford: +7.6 ppg
Nowitzki: +5 ppg
Randolph: +5.9 ppg
Irving: 0 change
Bosh: 0 change
Millsap: +4.3 ppg
Cousins: -3.2 ppg
M. Gasol: +2.9 ppg
B. Lopez: +2.9 ppg
Butler: -.1 ppg

Rebounding stats seem even more inflated (as previously mentioned). The top 20 leaders avg at least 10 rpg, while the 20th leading rebounder last year averaged 8.4 rpg.

Assists, steals, and blocks came out looking fine.

Like mentioned earlier in the thread, I think pace is the culprit and explains why the rebounding and scoring numbers are so much more inflated.

Also, I think there needs to be another look at the classic players, as some of them seem to be WAY off in their sim.

BUT..have I mentioned how awesome this game still is?
Old 09-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #18
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

I put the simulated games at 10 minutes & played on 10 minutes myself & the stats came out much better. That's only from one game tho.

All of the teams that played that day had scores like 97-82, 102-94. It seemed better. In my own game I upped offense rebounds for both user/cpu, lowered blocks for user, upped blocks for cpu, & upped cpu mid range & 3 point shot. Stats came out much better although I did play against the Cavs this time rather than the Hornets.

But even then the stats were still too high. Hornets game was also 12 minutes instead of 10. I had 12 points, 11 rebounds & 12 blocks with Whiteside. I know he had a game last year with 12 blocks but I got a lot of those too easily. Bosh had 13 rebounds, Deng had 10 rebounds, & McRoberts had 8. It was just too much. Like I said Cavs game much better stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #19
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barttramer
This will be nice!

After simming another season, this time with just the regular roster, it seems scoring is still too high. Most top 20 scorers are seeing moderate to major increases in points compared to the previous year, while very few players have any decreases:

Lillard +8.5 ppg
Davis +3.1 ppg
K. Thompson: +4.7 ppg
Anthony: +2.7 ppg (in 3 less mpg)
James: +.6 ppg
Harden: -2.2 ppg
DeRozan: +4.7 ppg
Griffin: +2.5 ppg
Horford: +7.6 ppg
Nowitzki: +5 ppg
Randolph: +5.9 ppg
Irving: 0 change
Bosh: 0 change
Millsap: +4.3 ppg
Cousins: -3.2 ppg
M. Gasol: +2.9 ppg
B. Lopez: +2.9 ppg
Butler: -.1 ppg

Rebounding stats seem even more inflated (as previously mentioned). The top 20 leaders avg at least 10 rpg, while the 20th leading rebounder last year averaged 8.4 rpg.

Assists, steals, and blocks came out looking fine.

Like mentioned earlier in the thread, I think pace is the culprit and explains why the rebounding and scoring numbers are so much more inflated.

Also, I think there needs to be another look at the classic players, as some of them seem to be WAY off in their sim.

BUT..have I mentioned how awesome this game still is?
I agree the game is a dream so far, i'm having a blast with it.

Yea most of the statistical inflation that is going on with our Simmed League stats is due to the Pace of the game. Teams in today's NBA play at a slow pace compared to how the league was decades ago. I think we will see Coach POE's be adjusted in the next official 2k Roster Update.

I've also noticed when I play, my team rarely grabs 10 offensive rebounds a game with 12 minute quarters. I usually end the game with 5 total offensive rebounds. I'm gonna play around with rebound ratings before adjusting the rebounding sliders because I like how the Sim sliders feel so far.

That being said, I've got a lot of rebound ratings to edit. I kinda just want to wait for the next up to date roster release so I don't have to do the work twice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »