Home

Controls are horrible

This is a discussion on Controls are horrible within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 07:13 AM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Controls are horrible

My only beef with the controls is that every once in a while I'll call a time out when calling a quick post or iso. Not too big of a deal, though.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #10
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

OVR: 0

Controls are my favorites since 2K13. Only gripe is, like Goffs said, the Smart Play button being up on the d-pad. But I've adjusted.

and the post controls? Forget about it lol most artificial post controls I've used in a basketball game

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #11
Pro

I didn't like the controls at first, but I went into practice, learned them and I kind of like it. You have to be assertive this year with your skills, I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Really you can't hold a trigger ? Took me 10 minutes to get used to the new controls.
I've been using LT to dribble since I began playing 2K and it's messed my whole game up. Having dribbling and shooting on the same stick isn't what I'm used to and I've thrown up a few heaves from just trying to dribble. I don't like that the choice has been taken away from me.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #13
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
I get that change happens and we have to adapt but these controls are terrible, especially for people like me who don't use the right stick for things like dribbling. The post being moved, not only to the left trigger, but having to hold it to maintain post stance, is ridiculous. Trying to pull off decent post moves is so frustrating. We also don't need three separate buttons for passing, seriously.

I just don't think they needed to change the controls. Hopefully they can allow us to map our own buttons at some point because as a post oriented player it's a nightmare to try and play my game right now.
LT to get into the post and needing to hold it is the BEST and MOST INTUITIVE control scheme ever. Way better than pressing triangle. Much quicker than pressing triangle to get in and out of the post.

LT, Hold it, into the post. Release it, out of the post.

Options to map the button would be great for users that would use it. Regardless, LT for the post is the best control ever.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #14
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
I've been using LT to dribble since I began playing 2K and it's messed my whole game up. Having dribbling and shooting on the same stick isn't what I'm used to and I've thrown up a few heaves from just trying to dribble. I don't like that the choice has been taken away from me.
So you've used the same controls for 3 years and have never adapted. I feel sorry for you.

I just went on a 15 game winning streak averaging about 5 assists a game and am currently averaging over ten assists a game over the last 15 games or so, breaking 20 the last 2 games with less than 3 turnovers a game. Last year i could put up gawdy assist numbers but kept having horrible turn over numbers.

The passing controls get a huge A+ from a pg with 70 passing. I might not even max my playmaking this year.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm loving the new controls. Best yet. Especially the passing controls. I'm using things now that have been in the game a while just because the controls are better, and more intuitive.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 10-02-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #16
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Seeing that the op is from Europe, anything more than two buttons, one for shoot at goal, and one for pass might be too complex

Just kidding...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »