Home

Point of Making an SG

This is a discussion on Point of Making an SG within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #65
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Point of Making an SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
anything in the 70s is decent this year .
We get it, you will not stop defending 2K.

Maybe accept that there are two sides to the argument.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #66
Rookie

BlackMambaTheDream's Arena

Quote:
So that's the way myCareer should work? Spending tons of hours of
grinding (without buying VC) to be DECENT at some of the most important
attributes for your player's playstyle? No room for discussion this IS how
it should work? really?
Old 10-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #67
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
We get it, you will not stop defending 2K.

Maybe accept that there are two sides to the argument.
Accept the fact that you don't need every single stat in the 85+ to win freaking games dude . What playstyle , position , and height did you pick ? You guys are playing the wrong damn position. You wanna be a 6'9 SF have 80+ speed with 80+ ball handling , and 80+ shooting and still get both lockdown badges while having 80+ dunking stop it , and still have 80+ layup. That's exactly why everybody made a SF last year. If you want excellent ball handling and driving layup pick a point guard . If you prefer the best Shooting pick a two guard.

If you wanna guard positions 2-4 and have the potential to play 2-4 pick a SF. If you wanna play big but have a bit more speed and a little more shooting pick a PF. If you don't care and wanna be all big and want rebounds get a Center. But you will not get 1 player and do every freaking thing . Pick your scoring style . You're either going to be inside have high layups and high dunking ; outside high shooting ; balanced have ok shooting and ok dunking. What you guys don't realize is he nature of the SF position . pass the ball and stop trying to ISO every play. I play with 3 SFs at the pro am and they aren't even in 90s OVR , yet they are the most versatile players in the game . Their rebound with bigs or guard the perimeter .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-16-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #68
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Accept the fact that you don't need every single stat in the 85+ to win freaking games dude . What playstyle , position , and height did you pick ? You guys are playing the wrong damn position. You wanna be a 6'9 SF have 80+ speed with 80+ ball handling , and 80+ shooting and still get both lockdown badges while having 80+ dunking stop it , and still have 80+ layup. That's exactly why everybody made a SF last year. If you want excellent ball handling and driving layup pick a point guard . If you prefer the best Shooting pick a point guard.

If you wanna guard positions 2-4 and have the potential to play 2-4 pick a SF. If you wanna play big but have a bit more speed and a little more shooting pick a PF. If you don't care and wanna be all big and want rebounds get a Center. But you will not get 1 player and do every freaking thing . Pick your scoring style . You're either going to be inside have high layups and high dunking ; outside high shooting ; balanced have ok shooting and ok dunking. What you guys don't realize is he nature of the SF position . pass the ball and stop trying to ISO every play. I play with 3 SFs at the pro am and they aren't even in 90s OVR , yet they are the most versatile players in the game . Their rebound with bigs or guard the perimeter .
What a joke. I wanted to recreate either prime Kobe or T-Mac.

Both players had fantastic handles (not Kyrie like but still great), great athletic ability and wet jumpers to match.

I cannot do that, and trying to give workarounds is just a cop out. I've already wasted a ton of VC.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:17 AM   #69
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaTheDream
So that's the way myCareer should work? Spending tons of hours of
grinding (without buying VC) to be DECENT at some of the most important
attributes for your player's playstyle? No room for discussion this IS how
it should work? really?
The system isn't perfect but it's way better than last year and it will get better next year. It's the first year . And you can be more than decent . You can be great. You can be an excellent defender and have great shooting. You can be a great inside scorer or have high rebounding . What's stopping you? I'm saying even a great outside shooter can have decent rebounding . A inside scorer can have decent shooting . Even you picked primarily outside shooter you can still get posterized and dunk on ppl. Inside scorers can still get deadeye .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Here's the thing, and this goes for just about every position other than PG: 'Decent' ball control is not all that good vs good-great steal and gold Pick Pocket. Again, it's not the ball handling that most people want, that would be just fine if it were 75 as a stand-alone. But 75 ball SECURITY and below is somewhat bad against gold Pick Pocket and a high steal rating. If the two were separate, this would be a non-issue.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #71
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
What a joke. I wanted to recreate either prime Kobe or T-Mac.

Both players had fantastic handles (not Kyrie like but still great), great athletic ability and wet jumpers to match.

I cannot do that, and trying to give workarounds is just a cop out. I've already wasted a ton of VC.
With the size ups it's not even that hard to dribble you are not just going to sit there and ISO all game . Do you know you can do them in all directions this year ? And they don't require high ball control to pull off . I had 60 ball control crossing ppl at the pro am with my new player . I had my friends saying ooh and ahh because I just know how to dribble moves and when to do them.speed still in the 60s too.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #72
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
With the size ups it's not even that hard to dribble you are not just going to sit there and ISO all game . Do you know you can do them in all directions this year ? And they don't require high ball control to pull off . I had 60 ball control crossing ppl at the pro am with my new player . I had my friends saying ooh and ahh because I just know how to dribble moves and when to do them.speed still in the 60s too.
I know how to do dribble moves. Still doesn't change the fact I lose the ball as a shooting guard way more than I should when attacking the paint.

Also find it very difficult to have shooting performances like those two players could pull off from long range and mid range.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »