Home

Err, is there something wrong with 3pt shooting?

This is a discussion on Err, is there something wrong with 3pt shooting? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Err, is there something wrong with 3pt shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmonkey92
We'll see, I'm pretty sure the patch 3 (coming in november according to 2k) will include a 3pts % boost. Let's face it, 2k has to keep their casual gamers happy, 2k15was too elitist so they made it casual-friendly by giving us the possibility to win a game with 3s only. 2k16 is fine, of course it's not perfect and there's still some issues they need to fix, but 3pts is not one of them.
The only thing I would touch about three point shooting right now is decreasing the step-shot penalty from a standstill for shooters that are very high on moving threes and have the Shot Creator and/or Stepback Freeze badges-- or somehow distinguish guys who step back as a rhythm shot consistently (Curry, Harden, Durant, etc) from those who can't.

When Curry pumps his defender in the air and does a side step three, it's almost automatic. When you do it in game, it looks so much like him, but it drastically reduces his accuracy compared with just running sideways then stopping and shooting (which a step shot should be easier than), or using a left tap (doesn't get much separation and has a hitch).

Last edited by Sundown; 10-18-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Everyone knows it. But are you actually doing it with the mechanics given by the game to do it, or are you just running at a full tilt and then shooting it off dribble expecting the game to do it for you when it's actually a momentum shot?

It's also possible to pass the ball too early and shoot too early if the player is still in motion. I believe Da Czar had shown that mechanic years back, which is actually consistent with actual basketball.

You can be incredulous, but have you actually made sure you're increasing your chances of making a shot with the mechanics the game has given you, especially when you may have what seems to be abnormally low success rates doing basic things compared with others?
Lmao@low success rates. Dude I didn't say I didn't win games. I win many. I'm 1 win away from the hall of fame league online. However, I win within the game limitations. Therefore since I know the game issues, I also know how to make other teams miss as well. I know what u can do and can't do and use it to my advantage. I probably can play u online and beat u and make u absolutely hate the game. I also hit 3s but I do it the way the game is design to be played. I feel it's not realistic, that's my opinion. U don't have to agree bro. No need to turn this a big back and forth deal. Anytime we can play online and u can see my success rate for yourself lol.

Last edited by MadManCometh; 10-18-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #59
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

so me and my friend wanted to see if 3's were really broken. and we did a myteam match on pro with our squads. and called it the "Its gon Rain " Challenge. after the game , we both seemed to agree that the 3s are fine. its just annoying to miss a wide open look,HOWEVER. we both felt like there were lots of fouls that were missed (maybe cayse we played in broadcast cause i was showing off the court) . but that was about it. i feel like most people who missed 3s are missing the RnG 3s and not geting settled. and what not. but here is the video and a picture of our shot charts. if you like basketball i reconmend you dont look here. lol

Old 10-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
And again, what do you expect Curry's open shot percentage to be? He misses half of them in real life.
But a lot of the 3s he takes are contested/off the dribble. If he just spots up I'm sure his % is going to be way higher.

Personally, I think the closest thing to an open NBA-game 3pt shot is the 3pt contest and curry went 15-25 there. That's 60%, pretty darn good.

In the final round, he went 20-25. That's 80%, holy ****.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #61
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
You're playing on hall of fame. This is what happens on the hall of fame difficulty level.

People on OS have said it, the developers of the game have said the AI gets an unfair advantage on hall of fame.

If this is the mode you play on, adjust sliders or deal with the unfair advantage, because that's what the level was designed to do. If you can't understand that and think the game is broken because of it, there's nothing else to tell you then

The admins of this site need to ban the word broken. It's getting tossed around when talking about EVERYTHING. Now, because the hardest difficulty in the game is actually hard, the game is broken?! Give me a break with this **** it's really getting old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am getting tired of that word too and I am also tired of users on HOF complaining lol. Most of these threads are self-explanatory and it's like yep, he's on HOF of course. It's the hardest difficulty for a reason. I don't get why people play on HOF? All Star is the best setting if you want a balance. Superstar has some cheese but good too. HOF difficulty makes no sense to me. I would never play on it. I have nothing to prove to myself or anyone. I do believe what someone else said that HOF players are in it for bragging rights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #62
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
This is at least the 3rd or 4th thread I've seen on this forum where ppl complained about shooting, and 3pt. Shooting in general. I agree with the OP. Unlike some have requested, I don't need to see any videos to know it's broken. I already experienced exactly what he's talking about. I play with the Warriors and Curry and Klay misses easy open 3s a little bit to often for my taste. At this point I've come to accept it. 2k can claim sim this and sim that all that want, but IMO this game is not even remotely close to sim basketball. It's a video game and I look at it as such.
This is the 2nd year in the row for Curry for me. I couldn't shoot with him on 2K15 either but I figured it out. Still can't shoot with him on 2K16. Klay is different. I am splashing with him now.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #63
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Let me post this again. Below is a small/medium sample size of Currys shooting from last year. As you can see Curry had some incredible games and some terrible games.

Curry doesnt make every shot , even if they are wide open. If you pride yourself on being a Operation Sports user then you would have known from the gameplay blogs that they have been working on making the game more realistic, more about actual basketball.

You have to get separation. You have to create space. You have to set your feet. Otherwise expect to miss alot of shots. Making shots in real life requires skill and timing so why not emulate that in the game?

As far as the CPU making shots, on ball defense is your friend

Last edited by Black Bruce Wayne; 10-19-2015 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #64
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
But a lot of the 3s he takes are contested/off the dribble. If he just spots up I'm sure his % is going to be way higher.

Personally, I think the closest thing to an open NBA-game 3pt shot is the 3pt contest and curry went 15-25 there. That's 60%, pretty darn good.

In the final round, he went 20-25. That's 80%, holy ****.
The 3 point contest is in no way, shape or form similar to doing anything on a basketball court during a live game. That's like saying the HR Derby in baseball is the same as seeing live pitching. Everything is working in your favor in the 3pt contest and you stand still for 5 straight shots without moving. It's basically a glorified shoot around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »