Home

MyPark Issues

This is a discussion on MyPark Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: MyPark Issues

When are there going to be my park throwback jerseys released
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #26
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

My biggest gripe using a Big Man is lack of people actually trying to get me the ball even if I have a guard on me. They only want me to get the board while they turbo back and forth and throw up stupid shots.

Other then that, I have to echo about toning down steals. I start spamming the pass button before I even land after getting the board.

Also, me and my friend went into MyPark last night and some of the courts won't let you join up. You can't hit A to stand on the spot and wait. Any reason why?
Old 10-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #27
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
My biggest gripe using a Big Man is lack of people actually trying to get me the ball even if I have a guard on me. They only want me to get the board while they turbo back and forth and throw up stupid shots.

Other then that, I have to echo about toning down steals. I start spamming the pass button before I even land after getting the board.

Also, me and my friend went into MyPark last night and some of the courts won't let you join up. You can't hit A to stand on the spot and wait. Any reason why?
Happens from time to time. They light up after a certain amount of time.

And year, as an SG who primarily functions as my group's PG, I understand. I go to the rim, And spot up, but if the big has a mismatch...exploit it. Centers I play with get assists since I drive, and use them to redirect my pass to the open guy.

Either they can go up, or swing it, but they deserve to touch the ball. You're not just a rebound factory.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #28
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

MyPark championship is definitely rigged. They wouldn't let Old Town win again this year. Next year Sunset will win it.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #29
Rookie

BigDaneAyMane's Arena

OVR: 1

Also, I know it's park, but there needs to be a 3-5 seconds rule in the paint. So annoying watching a big literally just camp directly under the basket the entire game. Haven't made a Center this year yet, but the years I have, I just pretend there is one because it's lame and cheesy just sitting in the paint for 20 seconds.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #30
Rookie

i've been playing mypark for a while now, and there are a few things that really spoil the whole thing for me (i usually play 2on2s with a friend, so i'm referring to that):
  • you mostly see these big-center-small-pg-duos. the big guy usually just camps under the basket, while the small guy dribbles like an idiot till he gets his open shot (usually makes 90% of these). in the unlikely event, that the short guy misses his shot, the big grabs every effing reboung. it almost feels like an exploit of the gameplay. why does 2k let this happen? it's taking all the fun from the game when you are playing a "normal" guy.
  • of course i get a negative rating when a 2,21m center grabs a off rebound against my 1,96m shooting guard. awesome!
  • i cannot defend a big guy at all. the only tactic that would work every now and then is to smash the steal button.
  • that basically leads to the fact that the only strategy can be that one mustn't turnover the ball. if you turnover the ball, the game is practically over. you probably won't get the ball back, because the "player hits every frigging shot"-rule applies.
  • these dribbling idiots, that make every shot; how does that work? how can they hit every effing shot? 3pointers, mid range, corner... you name it! again, who in 2k believes that that would be a well balanced gameplay approach? it sucks! it's not fun at all!
  • is it just me or is the responsiveness in mypark way worse than in the regular mycareer? it feels like my player is ice skating.
  • the balancing between off and def is horrible. you can't really defend. the offense is always way ahead of the defender.
  • funnily enough, that does not apply for blocking. the amount of blocked dunking attempts is ridiculous.
  • if, for a change, you grab a rebound, you cannot just take the balloutside the perimter, because there seems to be no animation for that. the player always turns to the basket as if he would be on offense. that results in a high number of turnovers.
  • why do i get a "defensive collapse" rating when the player scores that was suppsed to be guarded by my team mate?
  • usually, the big guys move very slowly, because they are big and slow, right?. funnily enough, they appear to move in supersonic speed during these atrocious park dunk animations.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #31
Rookie

blocks are killing Mypark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #32
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Alot of park issues would be solved if 3 in the key and moving screens were called. It's ridiculous that Centers can stand in the paint ALL game long with no regard for anything. Or that wings can target players and set moving screens on them all day long.

The green release mid range cheese is pretty damn insane too. The statistically worst shot in basketball is the best shot to take in 2K for some reason.. I don't understand the logic. You can literally shoot 95% from mid range with only inches of separation but heaven forbid you try to do a layup without getting your stuff smacked off the backboard back to half court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »