Home

Why does it seem like off-ball D is universally shunned? [serious]

This is a discussion on Why does it seem like off-ball D is universally shunned? [serious] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why does it seem like off-ball D is universally shunned? [serious]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
No one is forcing anyone to do anything. If a person decides not to play a mode because others dont want to play by their rules, by their own free will, they can take their proverbial ball and go home.
Take my ball, go home, and let the lesser players ruin the game? No Sir. The only reason to advocate off ball D, is because you probaly can't play on ball. In real life teams that can't play defense don't win. Why don't you take your ball and go back offline?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #50
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

So the ones who do play off ball majority of the time or don't have an issue with it, that means you don't get upset or are cool with users turbo-ing or PnR their way to easy baskets then, right?
Old 10-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #51
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by start it up
Take my ball, go home, and let the lesser players ruin the game? No Sir. The only reason to advocate off ball D, is because you probaly can't play on ball. In real life teams that can't play defense don't win. Why don't you take your ball and go back offline?

LOL. How is someone playing off-ball defense ruining the game?
Old 10-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #52
Rookie

Been waiting for a thread like this. This is all my opinion but anyone who doesn't play on ball 80-90 percent of the time gets NO respect from me. Especially if your using a tier 1 team and playing offball. I play user defense as well as box out for almost every rebound, this is rewarding and when I win I know the opponent knows and understands I am clearly better than them. Now if your just trying to get a win then by all means pick a tier one and run away the whole game and rack up the wins. Since 2k is very fluke in its ways wins don't mean much to me since the comeback methods are so easy. I prefer to earn everything myself rather than the computer stop midway through the pass to pick off a pass no one knew was coming except the cpu and me(since I passed it). Why not just play against computer if you will just run away from whoever I pass it to?

You can't call yourself a good 2k player and your sitting around waiting for someone to drive past the cpu(which rarely happens) so you can block it. It can't possibly be rewarding. Again if your method is to win at all cost and you do this then more power to you but I just don't see the reward in it. Every other 2k game rewarded users for playing on ball defense but in this game it is encouraged to play off ball because for some reason the cpu is the only one who can succefully tip passes and retrieve them. what's ironic enough is in this 2k it is easier to play on ball defense yet less players play on ball. Smh
If I am using a tier 3 team and can play on ball defense how can someone with a tier one or two not show the same respect?

Last edited by Blackhail92; 10-20-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
LOL. How is someone playing off-ball defense ruining the game?
Because some who plays of ball 80 percent of the time, would more than likely would lose playing on ball. Playing off ball let's them compete without having to play defense.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #54
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

95% of the guys that play 100% on ball defense go into the Options anyway and turn the Defensive assist slider up to 100 and the Box Out assist slider up to 100% and turn auto shot contest on anyway. So essentially, the CPU is still playing defense for you.

SN:::: We used to call offball defense "computer love" lol.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #55
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Now I don't play against other people, and I only play on ball defense because it's just more fun, IMO, but this thread is hilarious. You've got normally reasonably talking folks just acting like dicks because of some mano a mano pledge that some people apparently didn't realize that had to sign. Too funny.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #56
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManBalla

But I guess it's not OK for others to judge....hmmm, wonder who plays offball?

I play MyPark and Pro-am so...not me?

Anyway, if you pay to play against a person but don't want to play MyPark or Pro-Am then you can just quit every game until you play against someone who plays on-ball.

I also recommend messaging every person you play who defends off-ball and let them know how much you don't respect them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »