Home

No Rep for Pro AM per Ronnie2k & LD2K

This is a discussion on No Rep for Pro AM per Ronnie2k & LD2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No Rep for Pro AM per Ronnie2k & LD2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbster715
I really hope they change their mind, JRC was really fun last year because it was a great way to earn rep and VC, now their is not an incentive to play if most players just quit and we gain nothing from it. I think adding rep would encourage players not to quit, and if they do, it would take a larger hit on their rep. Even if they still decide not to add it, at least add a larger VC bonus. I should not have to convince my friends to play for half an hour and gain nothing from it
oh boy the tears in this thread. man. people use to play crew mode on the 360/ps3 just cause. WE LOVED IT for no other reason then you could play realistic basketball vs another opponent. aside from the super giant players that started to come along. that was by far the best mode aside from myplayer/mycareer itself. we didnt need rep(vc yes, but rep..no). and we dont need it now. if you need rep to play a mode. guess what? you really dont like that mode to begin with. So stay in the park.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobethelegend
you do earn something. WINS, and stats. you know ... like real basketball.

The reason i dont really LIKE rep is because they take animations away from you(yes some rep will open up certain in game animations). umm my Myplayer is a 89 overall, i have all the moves i need. i dont need you stopping my moves just so i have to go thru a rep system to get some of them back
This is not true. You kept all your MyCareer animations in rec on 15. The same in Pro AM this year. The only thing that gets taken away is the signature sizeup and that is only for park.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

You literally get nothing for playing Pro Am. It's a complete waste of time. So what if you win? What does that mean to anyone? Are there leaderboards? Does anyone else see what you've accomplished? It's completely meaningless. It's as meaningless as a pickup game at your local park or gym. If I want to play a meaningless basketball game, I'm going to pick up my ball and go to the gym. I don't play 2K online to play meaningless basketball games. It's not supposed to be an exact imitation of real life in MyPlayer. Why? Because it's a VIDEO GAME. It's not real! I'll never touch this mode unless 2K gives us a real reason to play Pro Am besides "meaningless 5 on 5 with NBA rules." And if 2K won't give rep or VC for Pro Am, then at least bring back the Jordan Rec Center. Come on man...
Old 10-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
So there was a minimal amount of cheese in Rec is what you're saying?

No clause and no bearing? If you can't see a direct correlation between those and 1 type players and the rep system I don't know what to tell you. We can agree to disagree. I know that there is a STARK contrast between how people play in Pro-Am vs. The Park/Rec center. I believe that's undeniable, but I digress...

The 'best squads' that you're talking about, they're cheese, imo. Again, the reasons that they all want rep for this mode is the reason EYE hope it's never available there. Then it'd get flooded by the exploit boys, again, keep them away. I'd much rather play a group of guys that know real fundamentals of basketball, are rewarded for such, and just want to play to win the game man. It'll make the experience that much more 'pure' imo.

Pro-Am, as is, is EXACTLY what I've been looking for in regards to the MyPlayer experience.
Thank you. anyone requesting REP in PRO AM is looking for cheese play in PRO AM. They're mad that they cant cheese like that in pro am now.

They act like we dont know that a part of REP is to give you extra animations that make the game CHEESY-er. And when you're rep is lower is as if you cant do things you would normally be able to do vs a higher REP opponent that even has a lower overall. how silly is that?

KEEP REP OUT OF PRO AM 2K devs.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:06 PM   #61
Banned

Yea. I don't care personally. I've never really cared about 'video game stuff' in my sports games. A bit hypocritical, but that's how I've always been.

Means nothing, and this is good. Keeps people out if ProAm who only care about Park stuff. Hate to say it, but all those emotes, celebrations, and mascots are incredibly lame, and I don't understand how anyone who plays this game for realism can take the Park seriously.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
You literally get nothing for playing Pro Am. It's a complete waste of time. So what if you win? What does that mean to anyone? Are there leaderboards? Does anyone else see what you've accomplished? It's completely meaningless. It's as meaningless as a pickup game at your local park or gym. ....
the logic of this younger generation. boy oh boy. i will go out on a limb and say 95% of the every person on earth that plays basketball is playing for the sake of a win and nothing more. the other 5% are high level college players, pro players in the states and abroad. they are the only ones "playing for something." so to speak.

The rest of us just LOVE to play basketball. The comp is enough to satisfy us. Just like it is in real life, its enough for us in pro am. just like it was in Crew mode before there was a such thing as park and rep. Sounds like you never played crew my friend. Sounds like the first time you used your my player outside of my career is when they created that park mode. So you dont get it. and thats fine. you dont have to. all you have to do is walk your self over to the park and have a good time grinding for that rep. STAY away from PRO AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #63
Banned

ast year, until patch 4 and the demigods, you found all park players with a high bbal iq in the rec. this 5 on 5 little submodule from the park was the most addicting mode if you like to control only 1 player and have a squad.

the park we would visit only if we want to throw some fadeaway 3s to relax and go to sleep. besides some kids the interest grinding in the park for the whole year is 0.

"you have leaderboards now"
yeah, so i m the team owner - we started yesterday went on 3 - 0 and are now ranked in europes top 100. but there is only my name. my buddys play for nothing. we play as a team. besides our center who can get 20 20 noone is playing from us for the personal leaderboards. so how u reward my guys? give them the tripple reputation like last year. if you don t care about reputation, then it shouldn t bother you anyways if you get reputation.

english is not my first language but i hope you and the other guys get my point.

regards
Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobethelegend
Thank you. anyone requesting REP in PRO AM is looking for cheese play in PRO AM. They're mad that they cant cheese like that in pro am now.

They act like we dont know that a part of REP is to give you extra animations that make the game CHEESY-er. And when you're rep is lower is as if you cant do things you would normally be able to do vs a higher REP opponent that even has a lower overall. how silly is that?

KEEP REP OUT OF PRO AM 2K devs.
Stop saying this nonsense that I bolded. This is not true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »