Home

Sim, is it even real anymore?

This is a discussion on Sim, is it even real anymore? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Sim, is it even real anymore?

So playing off ball d is cheating?!?
Old 11-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #58
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Hahaha... looking back I'll probably won't let that happen again. Because the guy is bring such an *******. Because he won't admit he was wrong. And that he adapted better then I did smh

One other thing I'd like to add. He is from another country. So everyone that plays him in the league. Plays him with a delay. Not lag. But a delay. He is undefeated. People can't even shoot free throws with 90 rated shooters because the delay is really bad. When I started hitting jumpers because he left players wide open. He seemed pissed that I was able to hit shots. Does anyone find that fishy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
So playing off ball d is cheating?!?
Yea if your league has strict rules. But I've told league members and admins of the league. If someone is running screens after screens. I will jump off ball. Just boot me then.

Last edited by jeebs9; 11-22-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #59
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

This is why I play mostly park. However, coming from the most Un-sim mode, I'd like to add my 2 cents to what I did experience when I play quick matches.

If you are beating me with stuff I can adjust to, and I'm letting you do it, it's on me.

If you are abusing something that makes a tactic unbeatable, or very hard to deal with without jumping through a ton of hoops. %$#* you.

To me Sim, or just fair play in general is matching up and playing without trying to do BS stuff on purpose. If I can break you off the dribble every time because you're terrible at defense, that's fine. Vice versa is true. I don't feel that's not "Sim", that's taking what you give.

Me hitting Korver and him dropping 40 because you're not realizing he's on fire this game and have done nothing to stop him. That's taking what you're giving.

If I intentionally run the same play because there's a particular fault in the defensive programming that causes the 2 gaurd to always be open, I'm not playing sim. I'm abusing the games programming.

I play the park because I like to replicate good basketball in that setting. It's a fine line because I want outlandish things, but don't want the game to be NBA street.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #60
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Sim is what you make it, you can't force someone else conform to your prference

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2015, 01:20 AM   #61
Rookie

RedStickGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Hahaha... looking back I'll probably won't let that happen again. Because the guy is bring such an *******. Because he won't admit he was wrong. And that he adapted better then I did smh

One other thing I'd like to add. He is from another country. So everyone that plays him in the league. Plays him with a delay. Not lag. But a delay. He is undefeated. People can't even shoot free throws with 90 rated shooters because the delay is really bad. When I started hitting jumpers because he left players wide open. He seemed pissed that I was able to hit shots. Does anyone find that fishy?

Yea if your league has strict rules. But I've told league members and admins of the league. If someone is running screens after screens. I will jump off ball. Just boot me then.

Should be a streaming rule. If you can't stream a game you can't play in the league. This pretty much eliminates everyone with bad internet.

Check out the squad - https://www.youtube.com/user/RedStickGaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #62
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStickGamer
Should be a streaming rule. If you can't stream a game you can't play in the league. This pretty much eliminates everyone with bad internet.
Oh I agree... But it's his league lol.... I've played someone like that in my old league. But he understood his advantage. He never would drive for a layup unless it was a turnover. This guys seems to take advantage of it.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #63
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

He likely has that delay too. I've played for a long time with people in the US and trust me the delay is real for both players. He may be more used to it though.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #64
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
He likely has that delay too. I've played for a long time with people in the US and trust me the delay is real for both players. He may be more used to it though.
I guess that's the thing. When you play everyone at close to normal speed. But one guys plays with that delay all the time. He already has a heads up. That's another reason why I was able to hit jumpers vs him. Because I've played vs guys like that for years. My old league had 2 guys like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »