Home

tips for combatting the so called 'comeback code'.

This is a discussion on tips for combatting the so called 'comeback code'. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #17
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: tips for combatting the so called 'comeback code'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Over/Under how long it takes for this thread to be closed?

There is no code, there never has been. This has been beaten to death a million times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But there is a code, a code which mimicks momentum swings that happen in real life. A code that allows the team that's on a run to get all the calls, hit contested shots, make bullet passes and have a higher chance of doing highlight plays. All while the opposing team is missing dunks/free throws, getting turnovers and playing slugish. I've played multiple games where I'm playing amazing the first half, but coming out to the second half I notice slower movements. Therefore I call a time-out and commentators mention how that time-out was a smart move. If it's not coded for my team to start off cold at random times, why does it happen?
Old 12-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #18
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Comeback code is a buzz word we don't use around here similar to "broken"

There are momentum swings yes, things that happen in real life. Like you mentioned, taking a timeout, making some subs, switching defensive settings/PoEs, and running a few plays can help turn it around.

It's pretty standard stuff IMO, not some artificial set AI code that makes them come back in the final minutes of games. If that keeps happening, it's on you or whoever to make adjustments. To me it feels nice to have to coach and adjust to things happening during the game.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 12-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

It's not standard it's video game logic that fails to replicate actual basketball. Game doesn't care about your skill level, just figure out its nuances like calling timeouts and your good.

Anyways last game that I played I subbed Rondo out and only used Collison. Collison stripped CP3 twice to give me the lead and ultimately the victory!.
I've learned that you only need make a few adjustments and your good, just make sure you do them immediately or else you'll be on the wrong end of a 8-0 run.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'll take the gameplay directors word for it....there's no 'comeback code'

It's momentum folks are experiencing. Every game isn't going to be a wall to wall victory....there are ups and downs just like in the actual NBA. Your not hitting the 'same shots you hit earlier' because that's not a guarantee you will....should it be? Wouldn't that be just as 'scripted'?
Old 12-07-2015, 11:43 PM   #21
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Over/Under how long it takes for this thread to be closed?

There is no code, there never has been. This has been beaten to death a million times

Dude, can we civilly discuss an issue we are seeing without you shooting it down? This is a discussion board. We know the forum rules; let the mods do their jobs. It may be user error, or the way momentum is tuned, or badges, IDK. Hopefully we can find out what it is or at least find better ways to deal with it like the OP suggested. That's good stuff. No need to jump into every thread you don't care for to add condescending posts. It contributes nothing. You don't see it or believe it to be a problem then move along. I don't have the same gripes with the game as 90% of the people here. I don't go into those threads because I don't have that particular issue or it just isn't a big deal to me. We have mods, man. Let them do their jobs. If you don't care then don't engage. Keep it moving...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 11:52 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

It's a shame we could actually have a decent discussion about this if the OP could just use the word "momentum" like they did in the actual post. But nope, it has to be the buzzword. Draws ire from both sides like moths to a flame.

Props to those who actually attempted to discuss the topic (whatever you wish to call it) rationally in this thread. It's a rarity throughout all of OS.

It CAN work - it's worked before on the Show's forum to some degree. But people have got to check the attitudes at the door.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #23
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Too many people talk about a "comeback code" to immediately dismiss it. Personally I think there is something in the game to mimic runs only because basketball IS a game of runs. Since this is a sim 2k tries to replicate this fact though it can sometimes feel forced.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:01 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's a shame we could actually have a decent discussion about this if the OP could just use the word "momentum" like they did in the actual post. But nope, it has to be the buzzword. Draws ire from both sides like moths to a flame.

Props to those who actually attempted to discuss the topic (whatever you wish to call it) rationally in this thread. It's a rarity throughout all of OS.

It CAN work - it's worked before on the Show's forum to some degree. But people have got to check the attitudes at the door.
Too many people on this board aren't objective. When glaring problems are presented they just say, "your not good" or "I don't see that."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »