Home

Stephen Curry in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Stephen Curry in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2015, 09:40 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stephen Curry in NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
See Miami in 2013, Miami in 2014, Thunder and Cavs in 15. Online was fine, but you knew if the other guy picked the heat, you were picking the heat.
Thats just not true. Played all of those 2k editions extensively online, found it very easy to beat those teams if you knew what you were doing.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 1
Stephen Curry in NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I disagree. Besides what Sonicmage said, there was noone here asking 2k to make Curry a random 3point chucker from 35 feet.

You can argue til you're blue in the face but all of the threads about shooting and defense etc... is pretty much what we saw in droves.

I know because I locked a good deal of them for being redundant. There was a complaint about Curry but it's not what they're talking about right now.

NOT AT ALL

Making Curry more like himself is hardly the same as making him a 35 foot chucker. It's clear that Curry can't quite do what he actually does. And it's clear that the current system doesn't allow this sort of Curry without turning him into a 35 foot spammer.

If anything the attention helps 2K towards a system that better represents superstars without them taking every shot and chucking, a problem that has always plagued 2K and is clearly something they are trying to address with shot fatigue last year and a more nuanced implementation of that this year.

I think it would be way more valuable to judge discussions on their actual arguments rather than some meta motivation/inconsistency you believe is driving them as if they're out to ruin the game.

The only questions if we really care about sim should be do the complaints have merit, and are they pointing out actual discrepancies between the game and real life. That's it. Not how tired we are of hearing complaints or what motivations we suspect of them or what terrible game we suspect them of wanting.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #75
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Making Curry more like himself is hardly the same as making him a 35 foot chucker. It's clear that Curry can't quite do what he actually does. And it's clear that the current system doesn't allow this sort of Curry without turning him into a 35 foot spammer.

If anything the attention helps 2K towards a system that better represents superstars without them taking every shot and chucking, a problem that has always plagued 2K and is clearly something they are trying to address with shot fatigue last year and a more nuanced implementation of that this year.

I think it would be way more valuable to judge discussions on their actual arguments rather than some meta motivation/inconsistency you believe is driving them as if they're out to ruin the game.

The only questions if we really care about sim should be do the complaints have merit, and are they pointing out actual discrepancies between the game and real life. That's it. Not how tired we are of hearing complaints or what motivations we suspect of them or what terrible game we suspect them of wanting.
I honestly have NO idea what you're talking about.

You just keep making random posts about something I said and probably never even read my original post, which is 2K should balance the game and filter what they take in from the forums.

I also said, as much as some of you want Curry to do this or that, it was NEVER the big priority amongst people on this forum, nor was it the biggest of complaints before the 4th patch.

All this other stuff im not even sure what you're arguing because im not even on that page.

Last edited by 23; 12-19-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #76
Banned

Why is there so much attention on Curry? I played on ss sim against the Warriors and Curry was so ball dominant and played a game similar to how he would play in real life. I don't see this for the other players nearly as often. He actually put up way too many shots was like 2/9 in first quarter. I never remember them doing this much for any player in the past.

There is an entire thread of people basically wanting Curry to be god-like in this game so you all can use the Warriors and chuck. I don't even find fun in using the better teams in the game. I stick to the Kings where you can make them better if you use them properly.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffe7
There is an entire thread of people basically wanting Curry to be god-like in this game so you all can use the Warriors and chuck.
Where exactly is that? Many of the posts about Curry on the Roster forum are in the context of playing against him.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Where exactly is that? Many of the posts about Curry on the Roster forum are in the context of playing against him.
Even so? What do you all expect? It's still a video game at the end of the day. Why is there an entire thread on one player. Many players in this game from superstar to bench warmers do not play as themselves ALL the time. My post was about playing against him as well in the first part.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #79
MVP

LOL, you're the one who accused people of wanting to "use the Warriors and chuck." At least own it, even if you're wrong.

There's an entire thread on one player because:

1- He's the reigning MVP
2- His team is having by far the best season in the NBA
3- His style of play is extremely unique
4- Not playing like himself makes him much less dangerous, easier to guard, and not as much fun to play against
Old 12-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffe7
Even so? What do you all expect? It's still a video game at the end of the day. Why is there an entire thread on one player. Many players in this game from superstar to bench warmers do not play as themselves ALL the time. My post was about playing against him as well in the first part.
you are terribly short-sighted. if they can get the intricacies of Curry right, as well as his overall game, it will be the start of an overall facelift of NBA 2K with unique player experience. you dudes are so worried about "chucking." we want realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »