Home

Why does it feel like magnets are pulling me everywhere online?

This is a discussion on Why does it feel like magnets are pulling me everywhere online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2016, 11:38 PM   #25
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why does it feel like magnets are pulling me everywhere online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That was the quote that I was looking for. Thanks! Yeah, they need to go back to L2/LT being more of a defensive stance button and letting the defensive assist be controlled by the slider.

I actually tried to play a couple of games offline by easing up off the LT just to see if I could get the hang of the pressure sensitive. I can't do it. It's so counter intuitive. It's just feels more natural to keep the trigger pressed all the way when I want to use defensive stance.

Dumb question, and I think this was asked before. Has anyone tried turning off the "who to guard" option to see if there was any difference in the responsiveness of the control?
I play on zero defensive assist and without the who to guard display. I don't think it matters if that is on or off. I notice my guys run at who they are supposed to guard and run away from the ball even on fast breaks.

I personally think it's a display aid only that doesn't effect play but the effects discussed here show up with it on or off.

I personally wish for two things on defense.

1. Why do I have to put my player in a defensive stance? He should already be in a defensive stance. It's added wear on my controller and extra stress on my hands much like holding a modifier to shoot was. Glad they ditched that.
2. How about making my defense play legit defense without me having to go in and program it by "setting". Why does my defense play so stupid on auto defense but if I program it, my team can suddenly become a lock down defending team. Makes no sense. A team should play defense out of the box as long as you stay in front of your man and not just totally collapse especially on hall of fame level.

I really think that the momentum system punishes the defense more than the offense. The offense can run every where, stop on a dime with the ball no less and fire at will.

One other thing (while I'm complaining) is that using screens should be more effective than just going from one side of the court laterally to the other at top speed dragging your defender through all that congested traffic.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 01-27-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #26
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

I made sure to play MyPark without using L2/LT and it still happens.

I had a dude shooting a 3 and I was trying to run toward him and my guy hits some kind of invisible barrier and makes it feel like i'm pushing against it just to get close to him.

This makes me think it could be rating based. Like his offense iq his higher than my defense iq, so it's harder for me to get close to him and block him easily?
Old 01-28-2016, 11:30 PM   #27
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

No assists with who to gaurd turned off seems to be the least assisted route to go

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2016, 02:31 AM   #28
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I made sure to play MyPark without using L2/LT and it still happens.

I had a dude shooting a 3 and I was trying to run toward him and my guy hits some kind of invisible barrier and makes it feel like i'm pushing against it just to get close to him.

This makes me think it could be rating based. Like his offense iq his higher than my defense iq, so it's harder for me to get close to him and block him easily?
I have 9 bars on my 6'7" Outside PG and I don't feel the force pull. I been using 10 on defense assist and 90 on box out assist + who to gaurd is turned off.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I have 9 bars on my 6'7" Outside PG and I don't feel the force pull. I been using 10 on defense assist and 90 on box out assist + who to gaurd is turned off.

I have these issues as well on my SF and PG. I have my defense maxed out and always have trouble with the magnetic effect. I also hate how long it takes 2K to switch defensive assignments (MYPark); I will be on one side of the court and my friend on the other after the switch, and it will still have us assigned to our man on the other side of the court; making us unable to play actual defense even if we are in our mans faces. I also have my defenseive assist turned off.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #30
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Does Who to Guard actually move your player? I thought it just worked as a visual indicator. I use it mostly to judge whether or not the CPU is picking a guy up, if my arrow is pointing towards a guy I know the CPU is pretending he doesn't exist at the moment
Old 01-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #31
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Does Who to Guard actually move your player? I thought it just worked as a visual indicator. I use it mostly to judge whether or not the CPU is picking a guy up, if my arrow is pointing towards a guy I know the CPU is pretending he doesn't exist at the moment
It's Defensive Assistance, but Who to Guard will be showing you which player its going to assist you with.

You can slide Defensive Assist down in some offline modes, but you can't in Pro-Am or MyPark (not sure of other modes).

In fact, in MyPark and ProAm - the assist strength is really strong. There's also the chance that its some kind of weird lag thing, but it seems to be more of an actual game mechanic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #32
Rookie

This is true and it's fing annoying. I play as a center for mycareer. So sometimes without me even pressing L2. I have 0 settings on defense assist and I turned off who to guard. Nothing helps, so when I see a guard driving to the rim. I am late to help out because for some reason I get magnetize to post defense on the guy I'm guarding. Its really bad in this game. Its like you have no free movement in this game. On box out when you clearly beat your man for offensive rebound you get magnetized to person (your clearly beat) boxout and you lose out on offense rebound. I am sry but you don't have fully controlled on your player in this game. Every time I played this game it's feel like I am in a tug of war. It truly feel like I'm going to break my controller.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »