Home

Height/Speed/Playmaking/Shooting Caps need work moving forward

This is a discussion on Height/Speed/Playmaking/Shooting Caps need work moving forward within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Height/Speed/Playmaking/Shooting Caps need work moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
The positions were nerfed because of 2k15 park cheese; 7ft SF's/7ft2 demi's doing behind the back side to side and chucking 3's. The whole point of video games is to have fun, and there is nothing worse than being in a game with 5 people you don't know, all doing exactly the same things till someone hits 21. It's boring as hell. There is nothing to learn and to call it strategy is laughably wide of the mark.

Doing the same thing over and over and over again is OCD not a video game. I really hate these player caps in my career, but I applaud 2k for trying to make park more balanced and fun to play. 2k16 park is definitely better than 2k15 park, so on that point, what 2k have done has proved successful.

If all these cheesers (of which I include you) are so good at the game and are all about the strategy, then why don't I ever see any of this? Why do I just see the same things as people on the other 7 courts are doing? It's not strategy it's autism.

Also dude, I'm sure he doesn't need me to fight his battles, but VF was amongst the top 5-10 park players in 2k15 based on w-l record (if I remember correctly), so I don't think crawling is necessarily his issue.

I find it baffling that you call this "aggressive online play", when it's just copying everyone else; so in your mind, we're all being protected from you dominant blacked-faced, hand support, cowboy hatted basketball behemoths, who would dominate everyone if only those game exploiting mechanics and 7ft2 PG's were left in the game.

OK dude.
better yet still boring. :|
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 02:59 PM   #42
Pro

I don't get the whole idea of once in a generation MyPlayers, like are you aiming to score 100 a game? This game already makes it pretty easy to be the guy that nearly averages a triple double.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveretteWarren
better yet still boring. :|
How is it boring?

You know what boring? Watching guys consistently drop 60 in JRC because it didn't matter if you go in their face. Literally only playing teams of only 7' SFs. It made every other position worthless.

This year is light years ahead, because even this late in the cycle you can't get away with just having a demigod type player. Teams that actually know how to play together can beat more talented teams, etc, etc.

Boring was last year by far.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
How is it boring?

You know what boring? Watching guys consistently drop 60 in JRC because it didn't matter if you go in their face. Literally only playing teams of only 7' SFs. It made every other position worthless.

This year is light years ahead, because even this late in the cycle you can't get away with just having a demigod type player. Teams that actually know how to play together can beat more talented teams, etc, etc.

Boring was last year by far.
Played with and against a large group of friends. Haven't played with/or against randoms though late 2k15. Nobody I played with was a 7 ft SF or demigod.

Just saying that this game and park just got really dry and boring after I hit L3 like 2-3 months ago. 2k15 obviously not the better game, but IMO a lot more fun haha. hope you understand.

7'0 SFs made every other position worthless? I did just fine with my 6'5 SG last year lol

Last edited by EveretteWarren; 08-17-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #45
Rookie

Don't understand why the shorter you are the better you shoot is a thing, but whoever said because of Demigods I agree 110%. 2k basically making us pay for it.

DEMIGODS RUINED THE GAME MODE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 07:03 PM   #46
Rookie

There's really no pure solution unfortunately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »