Home

Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements....

This is a discussion on Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2016, 02:34 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
At the end of the day we've always had the necessary info to make an educated decision on wether to buy the game or not before release. We can discuss wether we like it or not but it doesn't really matter.
i actually disagree. we didnt find out about a ton of these actual in-game naggling issues until having the game for 2 months. if they simply go in detail about changes made, that would be a better informed decision. that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
You could be right. And I simply won't buy the game.

Why don't you get back to us when this plan does or doesn't happen. It's pointless right now.

You know about as much as I do about their plan.

but that's just it....its not. They usually release a b.s. video of a 3min quarter gameplay vid a couple weeks before release. this doesn't tell us anything about the nuances of the game....all nuances that eventually end up pissing off half of the community because they. made. no. advancements. me asking for a video going into detail about changes made to the gameplay is not revolutionary and it damn sure isnt to much to be asking. this better informs a lot of the core audience on what they can expect in the upcoming iteration. also, for people like you and I on the fence, it could help us make last minute decisions on whether or not to actually buy the game.

These are the standards that this company should be held to. not dream team vs team usa(two teams that almost nobody will use 2 months into this game).
Old 08-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #34
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Do you expect the marketing team to sell you the game on it's issues ?
Old 08-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Do you expect the marketing team to sell you the game on it's issues ?
you're literally fighting what im saying for no reason.

advancements. how they got better and implemented certain things to add to the game slowly achieving "sim" play. how they got better at PnR this year. How they developed this/that technology to get better at speed discrepancies. how they improved lead passing and their catching system. how high bball IQ in real life and help you in certain situation using Czars offensive/defensive sets. how they improved defense as a whole. How dribbling was touched up.... etc etc etc. as it stands, and as it always has been, we have to figure it out when we buy the game. i simply dont want that anymore.

they wouldn't be selling 'issues.' they'd be selling 'improvement.'

Last edited by phriscaul; 08-10-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #36
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
i actually disagree. we didnt find out about a ton of these actual in-game naggling issues until having the game for 2 months. if they simply go in detail about changes made, that would be a better informed decision. that's all.

but that's just it....its not. They usually release a b.s. video of a 3min quarter gameplay vid a couple weeks before release. this doesn't tell us anything about the nuances of the game....all nuances that eventually end up pissing off half of the community because they. made. no. advancements. me asking for a video going into detail about changes made to the gameplay is not revolutionary and it damn sure isnt to much to be asking. this better informs a lot of the core audience on what they can expect in the upcoming iteration. also, for people like you and I on the fence, it could help us make last minute decisions on whether or not to actually buy the game.

These are the standards that this company should be held to. not dream team vs team usa(two teams that almost nobody will use 2 months into this game).
Let's see if all of this spurns them on to break from the marketing plan.

If so, it's not pointless.

If not, you gotta wait like the rest of us.

My preorder isn't going in until I'm sufficiently satisfied with what I see in gameplay vids. If that's tomorrow - yay! If it's the night of September 15 - oh boy, cutting it close. But alright.

If I don't preorder & get some bells & whistles that others got, cuz the info came too late - aight. Still got the game tho.

If I'm never satisfied with what I'm seeing in the info released, I don't buy the game.

The timeline never affects my decision. Seems like you're on some sort of a deadline.

That's a you problem. I think it's some sort of combo of impatience & entitlement. If that is the case, of course you're not alone in that in 2016.. But I don't know you, so I can't say for sure.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #37
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

I feel like we got pretty much that last year with OG and Czar. Ton of detailed info about gameplay that 90% of people who buy 2K don't care about.

I just disagree with the whole promise of your thread. We're still more than 35 days away, this trailer isn't the end of their marketing. You act like that's it, that's their selling point, we're not getting anything else after that. I disagree that's all. They're just starting.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I feel like we got pretty much that last year with OG and Czar. Ton of detailed info about gameplay that 90% of people who buy 2K don't care about.
when you say WE....you mean OS? Bc last year this time i wasnt on OS...and neither is a large % of the 2K community. and neither should they have to be.

and your perspective is funny. 90% of people who buy 2k dont care about the issues that they are gonna complain about just 2 months into the game?

right.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Let's see if all of this spurns them on to break from the marketing plan.

If so, it's not pointless.

If not, you gotta wait like the rest of us.

My preorder isn't going in until I'm sufficiently satisfied with what I see in gameplay vids. If that's tomorrow - yay! If it's the night of September 15 - oh boy, cutting it close. But alright.

If I don't preorder & get some bells & whistles that others got, cuz the info came too late - aight. Still got the game tho.

If I'm never satisfied with what I'm seeing in the info released, I don't buy the game.

The timeline never affects my decision. Seems like you're on some sort of a deadline.

That's a you problem. I think it's some sort of combo of impatience & entitlement.
If that is the case, of course you're not alone in that in 2016.. But I don't know you, so I can't say for sure.
ive clearly explained why i feel the way i feel...in detail.

entitlement and deadline have jack **** to do with it. you've regressed to personal shots now, which is hilarious as ****.

actually let me copy and paste them here for you since you seem to be hard up for that type of back and forth.

advancements. how they got better and implemented certain things to add to the game slowly achieving "sim" play. how they got better at PnR this year. How they developed this/that technology to get better at speed discrepancies. how they improved lead passing and their catching system. how high bball IQ in real life and help you in certain situation using Czars offensive/defensive sets. how they improved defense as a whole. How dribbling was touched up.... etc etc etc. as it stands, and as it always has been, we have to figure it out when we buy the game. i simply dont want that anymore.

they wouldn't be selling 'issues.' they'd be selling 'improvement.'
Old 08-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #40
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
when you say WE....you mean OS? Bc last year this time i wasnt on OS...and neither is a large % of the 2K community. and neither should they have to be.

and your perspective is funny. 90% of people who buy 2k dont care about the issues that they are gonna complain about just 2 months into the game?

right.
Yes I mean on OS. Where were you looking for info last year ? Because we got ton, and we get to discuss things with OG and Czar. Czar even does live stream talking about the game and getting phone calls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »