Home

2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories

This is a discussion on 2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories

smh @ this thread man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2017, 11:43 PM   #42
Rookie

Thats why we see a lot of people with green dreadlock and red cornrow hair in park just to be different lol. Need new haircut asap
Old 03-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #43
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree, the lack of variety in the player builds needs to be addressed big time. I hate that any CAPs stick out like a sore thumb during games. There's no reason there can't be a creation system that has players that actually look like real people.

Even if it uses the same method where there's based faces to choose from and mold from there, just make them look real!

I also think there needs to be more of a selection for body types. Every CAP right now is the same and there's only like 3-4 different ones for the actual NBA players. The skinny one is way too skinny and looks like kids from 3rd world countries, and the muscular one is a little too much for most guys (specially CP3, no clue why he's a bodybuilder in game).

I saw someone else recommend this but it was a good idea, bring in some D League guys and scan them in as body types so we have different varieties to choose from. This would be awesome for if you want to make a Giannis type build or someone like Big Baby Davis. Right now that's just not possible and everyone looks the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 1

Old 03-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #45
MVP

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #46
MVP

Old 03-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #47
Rookie

Its almost a slap in the face when i look at the generic player faces to choose from. Every Race and as many hairstyles should be represented in nba 2k. As much as the nba goes out of their way to market themselves as a global brand and try to reach every market in the world, 2k as a product of the league should make sure we have the tools necessary to make ourselves look as diverse and realistic as possible.
Face scanning technology is cool and all, but if you dont have the skin tones and the variety of hairstyles to match then we wont be getting the full experience of what creating a player that supposed to look like you feels like.

Lets face it..yall need to go to barbershops that cater to all different types of races to get hairstyles in check. If 2k can go to each and every arena to capture sounds of each stadium, then im sure going to a few barbers from across the country to get which hairstyles certain races prefer and are trending wouldn't be asking too much.

Clothes need an upgrade as well...i think some of these park affiliated clothes are ugly as hell. We need some new colors representative of the parks. Green white and orange/red and black/blue and white...they gotta go.

Last edited by Breakstarter; 03-06-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #48
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Lets face it..yall need to go to barbershops that cater to all different types of races to get hairstyles in check. If 2k can go to each and every arena to capture sounds of each stadium, then im sure going to a few barbers from across the country to get which hairstyles certain races prefer and are trending wouldn't be asking too much.

They don't have to go to barber shops, just turn on a college or NBA game and look at the hairstyles people have. Look at pics/videos of overseas games. Then build it out from there, can't be that tough.

The facial hair texture needs a look too. A lot of those beards are just gross looking with the way the hair looks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »