Home

Curry unfair in 2k17?

This is a discussion on Curry unfair in 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Pro

RyanJS08's Arena

OVR: 0
Curry unfair in 2k17?

Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread but I came across this article this morning, seems to be another first impression on the game. But it specifically is talking about Steph Curry and sounds like he might be "unstoppable". Article doesn't go into too much detail but I think it's a good review from another viewpoint. What do you guys think?

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/stephe...3AIDYdJJxwo.97
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Re: Curry unfair in 2k17?

To be honest if you stick to Curry after the half court line then he shouldn't be unfair, he should be realistic. Now if he is hitting threes with a hand in his face fading away 30 feet out... then we have something to talk about.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

I feel like there are a couple things happening here. One, 2k is a Bay Area based company and clearly their Warrior bias is real. This over rating began last year in 2k16 with the "Break the game" Under Armor thing and it looks like it's not only continued but been ramped up. Secondly while yes Curry can pull up from near half court with a higher success rate than most, what concerns me is the description of him being faster than everyone else on the court. This isn't Russell Westbrook or even LeBron James, Curry shouldn't be faster than everyone else on the court and shouldn't have better handles than everyone. This article is quite bit worrisome.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Curry probably felt pretty unfair to most of the teams trying to guard him last year.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

He's not faster than everyone on the court. That's a concern if he is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2

I just really hope you can see who your opponent picks on PlayOnline Now. I don't want to play the Warriors 9 out of 10 games.

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 08-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #7
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

This article worries me a lot. For starters, he says after winning the jump ball, the first shot of the game was Curry pulling up from 40ft. That is not at all realistic. He generally only shoots those shots when he's in a rhythm or to try and stop a run. And this makes it sound like he will be able to consistently drain 30+ footers throughout the game. In real life, he averaged less than one attempt from >28ft per game.

Quote:
in this year’s game, do not switch pick-and-rolls involving the Chef. Your big man cannot guard him. I repeat: cannot.
Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/stephe...zmd8QL6ugRW.99
Switching is what stopped Curry in the WCF and the Finals. Yes, most big men will have trouble, but some should be able to guard him.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
Banned

I actually liked this article more than what else I've read so far. The curry hype drama was annoying, but pointing out the dribbling sounding responsive effective yet challenging, and the differences between stars was more clear was good to hear. Sounds like it may be a bit more explosive and skill levels are more present, which I was hoping for. Curry has insane handles in real life, we should be able to use them in a damn video game. The layup not a given sounds weird, but it is more realistic if they did it right. If you are trying to put yourself in the game more, timing the layup is a good addition if done right. I can see myself having fun with this too.. Not gonna lie I hope you can botch a wide open fast break layup, to get some good laughs. Also may fix those stupid automatic turn around open missed layups your bigs can get triggered into where they fling it off the backboard, we should be able to control this now. Awesome imo. I like that the computer pulls up from 40 ft like that, even though I don't play computer, and it was a bit scripted in 16 after 'break the game'.

That said, the tester sounds like a noob and didn't say much else to be excited for other than zomg Curry Sept 20th for an entire first impression

Most of the time 2k has made me fall in love was when I wasn't expecting much though. 2k10 was abysmal and I kind of forgot about 2k.. Then I played 11 and was blown away.. that carried over and I hung on through 2k12 and ehh in 13.. 14 dropped was cool cuz the next gen graphics were nuts.. 15 pretty bad after I expected a lot. Especially after patches. 16 like the innovation, but same story.. Expected a lot. 17 I'm expecting not much... And this is usually when they strike.

It all comes down to how much 2k has Its head up it's *** honestly. 15/16 they had it so far up it was ridiculous.. They thought they were curing diseases with these releases and getting greedy with VC and 2ktv auto play nonsense. Remember 15 phone app where you'd host cookout parties? Wtf. That Ronnie guy thinks he's a celebrity through this too..

Anyway. That friction trailer seemed to be more chilled and honest. So my prediction is either they really did little and it'll be a rehash due to complacency..or they surprise me/us like they have in past acting like this. I just don't see that obnoxious hype like I use to in summers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »