Home

Let's Talk Online Lag...

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Online Lag... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Talk Online Lag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendCenter41
How can you explain me hitting greens all day and playing lockdown D against dribble spammers in the Pro Am while im STREAMING to twitch and using netflix. I have google fiber. Ive had **** internet and great internet during the same week playing on 2k. It 1000% makes a difference. Also i know a ton of 2k players dont understand TV INPUT lag and they play on giant living room tv's. Those will always make a game feel sluggish compared to a monitor with 1-5 ms response time which I have always used.
I play on a BenQ monitor, 120hz with 2ms GTG. No wifi and 2k is the only game that lags for me. A lot of people making baseless assumptions here without knowing the ins and outs of what could be going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think it has less to do with the amount of lag and more to do with the way lag compensation is handled. The game basically doesn't let things happen until the server/connection validates it. This results in the input delay that you don't see in other games, because most other games give the client some sort of prediction and lets things happen on your end while the server later validates it. On the other hand, the way 2k handles it does eliminate some of the wonky warping, or as you see in FPSes, people being shot around corners.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #67
Rookie

Yea I hear alot of people saying this but I never lag. I know most already know this but use a wired connection, much better than wifi. That's weird though, hopefully they fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #68
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

There's always been a difference between the online and offline input for things like free throws and jump shots regardless of connection. I do understand the concern and it sucks if it's larger than that for some -- the difference in timing for me is such that it just takes a half for me to release a split second earlier online than off -- just been lucky I guess to not have much of an issue.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #69
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

This lag is unacceptable, look other famous sports games, like FIFA and PES. I can get offline experience in online mode even I have a average internet condition. I'm having 1 gigabyte network in my apartment, and 2K17 is still laggy. Before 2K solve their laggy server, I don't think it's appropriate to list 2k17 as a esport game.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #70
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sane478
Yea I hear alot of people saying this but I never lag. I know most already know this but use a wired connection, much better than wifi. That's weird though, hopefully they fix it.

The past 5 years I've been playing online on a wired connection while at college and I honestly never even really thought about lag before because I never dealt with it. I'm now currently living somewhere where I have to use wifi and I find myself getting frustrated at times because of the lag that I've never had to deal with before. I think using a wired connection is the best way to go from my experience. My current upload speed is average of 5.

I'd gladly take any kind of advice to better my online experience!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

its terrible, its always been like this too, really doesnt make sense, I play all types of shooters online and its just unacceptable, thats why I mostly play the cpu, so my moves are registered when I input them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 9

Either 2k doesn't have any servers in Europe or doesn't have enough servers in Europe for years. Both cases make us Eu guys suffer even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »