Home

Doin Work

This is a discussion on Doin Work within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Doin Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
No. Ronnie is not correct. You cannot raise player Caps.
Yes you can. Doing Work is the only way to get your player to 99.

The cap it the top bar in each column determining how much you can fill it. By Doing Work you can raise the cap in the columns to fill it more. You only get 25 more points though, so you still cant max everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Answers in bold...

3) I see you said we can get to a 99. Does that mean we can potentially exceed some of the caps in the archetype we pick? If so this is huge because I feel the archetypes looked to restrictive but I feel you should be able to exceed them if you really put in the work. It shouldn't be easy of course. And your development should depend on all things you do in practice and in game like how consistent are your shot releases, drills, etc. Based on what you said Mike it sounds like this is in the game.
Yes, you can exceed. This is the concept of "Doin' Work."

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 09-14-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
Banned

This thread will just make it more confusing instead of helping.

Can we first establish that HARD CAP is the threshold of how high you can raise a specific skill set. For example, lets say that MAX bars you can raise 3 point shooting on slasher is to 10 out of possible 25 bars. 10 is considered the HARD CAP. The question is by "doing work" will you be able to raise it to LVL 11?
Old 09-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

I thought the caps were final, I'm so confused now.

To be clear...

Can we exceed where the arrows are pointing or are temp boosts the only way?

Last edited by Wolf Ticket; 09-14-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #12
Rookie

Edit
The Default Caps (Soft Caps) will only allow you to make and 88/89 player.

In order to get to 99 you have to "Do Work" Which will allow you completely fill your Archetype Brackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
I though the caps were final, I'm so confused now.

To be clear...

Can we exceed where the arrows are pointing or are temp boosts the only way?
The White bracket cant be "moved", but doing work is the only way to reach all of them in each column

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 09-14-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
This thread will just make it more confusing instead of helping.

Can we first establish that HARD CAP is the threshold of how high you can raise a specific skill set. For example, lets say that MAX bars you can raise 3 point shooting on slasher is to 10 out of possible 25 bars. 10 is considered the HARD CAP. The question is by "doing work" will you be able to raise it to LVL 11?
Good way of putting it. HARD CAPS cannot under any circumstances be raised permanently. They are the maximum attribute level a player of that specific archetype can reach. The SOFT CAP can be described as the amount of upgrades one has available prior to 'Doin Work'. As stated, I believe that number is 125. By 'Doin Work', a player can increase the number of available upgrades he currently has available, thus pushing past their initial SOFT CAP. However, the player can never increase beyond the HARD CAP unless done on a TEMPORARY basis by way of boosts.

By 'Doin Work' and upgrading your player the maximum of 150 times, you can become a 99 Overall. But that doesn't necessarily mean you will have every category in the 80s or 90s. It is simply a number that takes into account the overall ability of your player to succeed in their given archetype given your current attributes.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #14
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Default CAPS are final making those HARD CAPS. You have a total of 150 slots that are upgradeable but you only get 125. 20 they start you off with. 80 you have unlocked off the bat and 25 you have to work for. In other features (have yet to be discussed) you are able to unlock 10 more to reach a total of 135 total upgrades which will allow you to REACH A 99. YOU CAN NOT EXCEED THE HARD CAPS.

Last edited by Clappington; 09-14-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
The Default Caps will only allow you to make and 88/89 player.

In order to get to 99 you have to "Do Work" Which will allow you to raise those column Caps, but you only get 25.

So all those videos, and images you see of archetypes...if you were to fill all of the allowed blocks your player would only max at 88/89.

Yes Doing Work will let you raise the caps (the white bracket on the skill columns) to get your player to 99

yes Doing Work, and Boost will let you raise that bracket, its the only way to get your player beyond a 88/89 overall
I'm fairly certain that you cannot exceed those white lines. If I'm not mistaken, the 125 upgrades you initially start with won't let you reach said lines in every category. I believe that by 'Doin Work' you will then be able to reach the white line in every category and become a 99 overall

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldpenguin2
I'm fairly certain that you cannot exceed those white lines. If I'm not mistaken, the 125 upgrades you initially start with won't let you reach said lines in every category. I believe that by 'Doin Work' you will then be able to reach the white line in every category and become a 99 overall

yes you are actually right. The white bracket totaled up equals the MAX (99) overall. And you can Max them all without Doing Work

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »