Home

Thoughts on the slasher build.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the slasher build. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #65
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Thoughts on the slasher build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
I absolutely murder dudes with contact dunks on the park. There's a few posters who can confirm here, aswell. It could be attack angle, but I found that doing a "Fancy" dunk triggers it more than a normal or Square dunk.

Not tooting my horn, but I'm a damn fine slasher, I can help with issues.

Also: anyone notice the extra animation we get for a first step? It's like one certain first steps my guy drops and cuts at a super hard angle off the dribble. True flash blow by
Good post. This is why I told people to keep playing with dunk and dribble packages and make sure the character is optimized. Without changing speed, I noticed a significant boost to my explosiveness when I equipped the right packages. I think we need to really learn all of the layup angles and releases as well.

What are the main specs on your Slasher?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #66
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

What dunk packages are the big man using ? I'm using Shawn Kemp and Blake. Been thinking about Darryl Dawkins. Last year it was best to not equip anything .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #67
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

You'll have to be extra skillful to be a dominate driver with the Slasher build; he's like a tall Inside SF in 2k16.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Yeah, the more I play with this build the more I realize that it's very much like Lockdown Defender in the fact that it's an IQ heavy build. You have to be Saavy with the moves and abuse the defense for mistakes.

For Mecca,
6'5, 200 lbs SG Slasher. With the extra attributes from Park I'll be able to max everything but post scoring and 3pts. 3pt maxes at 59, so I said screw it.

Went Taller, Shorter wingspan, and more lower on weight to try to boost speed.

Relevant stats: 91/92 driving dunk, 77 stand dunk, 91 layup, 85/86 contact dunk.

Should finish high 70s low 80s on shoot off dribble. And rebounds. Mids are 71, speed is 90, Speed with ball 77, ball control 81.

I maintain I get weird cutting animations off the first step. Hopsin who posts here has seen it. Described it as "Blinking and suddenly your slasher is at the rim". Speculation is that Slasher might get a special 1st step animation

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #68
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Damn I thought it was bad just because I have low overall lol

The worst for me is that I have literally no other choice but to go for a bad layup because the pull up jumper isn't saying much (at least at my current ratings)

I was just holding out hope that my 6'8 Slashing SG would still be able to finish with acrobat.

I'm currently having so many dunks turn into layups and missing its making me sad.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #69
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Yeah, the more I play with this build the more I realize that it's very much like Lockdown Defender in the fact that it's an IQ heavy build. You have to be Saavy with the moves and abuse the defense for mistakes.

For Mecca,
6'5, 200 lbs SG Slasher. With the extra attributes from Park I'll be able to max everything but post scoring and 3pts. 3pt maxes at 59, so I said screw it.

Went Taller, Shorter wingspan, and more lower on weight to try to boost speed.

Relevant stats: 91/92 driving dunk, 77 stand dunk, 91 layup, 85/86 contact dunk.

Should finish high 70s low 80s on shoot off dribble. And rebounds. Mids are 71, speed is 90, Speed with ball 77, ball control 81.

I maintain I get weird cutting animations off the first step. Hopsin who posts here has seen it. Described it as "Blinking and suddenly your slasher is at the rim". Speculation is that Slasher might get a special 1st step animation
Wow, our builds are almost identical. I'm 6'6, 10 lbs lighter. Speed is 88. Ball Control is 79. Everything else is just about the same.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #70
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0

The fact that you guys have taller guards such as 6'5-6'6 slashers is probably helping you guys posterize. Some if us are still missing lightly contested layups. And if slashers were designed to cut without the ball, why'd we get a one man fast break badge? Well I just unlocked HOF posterizer, Relentless finisher and my grand badge, We'll see how much of a difference it makes.

@Violence I have yet to notice the explosive first step but I may need to play park more to compare other players launches. And if you don't mind could you share your crossover/layup moves? I currently have drose crosses with westbrooks layups
Old 09-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #71
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
The fact that you guys have taller guards such as 6'5-6'6 slashers is probably helping you guys posterize. Some if us are still missing lightly contested layups. And if slashers were designed to cut without the ball, why'd we get a one man fast break badge? Well I just unlocked HOF posterizer, Relentless finisher and my grand badge, We'll see how much of a difference it makes.

@Violence I have yet to notice the explosive first step but I may need to play park more to compare other players launches. And if you don't mind could you share your crossover/layup moves? I currently have drose crosses with westbrooks layups
Yeah, I'll see if I can make a video tonight. If I can figure out commentary over it that'd be superb since I can show stuff. If not I'll post the actual stuff. At work, currently

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have played some few park games today after getting the HOF posterizer, and what can i say? its magical. had two posters but could have gotten alot more if i was more selfish.

that center took it like a champ though lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »