Home

Wait. Wait. Wait. You can't turn off the Shot stick timing for layups?

This is a discussion on Wait. Wait. Wait. You can't turn off the Shot stick timing for layups? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wait. Wait. Wait. You can't turn off the Shot stick timing for layups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Per beluba you have to release slightly after the offensive player takes off for the layup.
I am very interested in a source for that. I'm late on all since I was assuming that the release was on the ball release from the hand.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #18
Banned

God forbid they have you do something different.

2k16 doesn't have it...feel free.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #19
Rookie

ebr0t's Arena

OVR: 4

I like the addition of it. However, I'm terrible at it right now. I forget to release 99% of the time
Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Real Shooting % shouldn't even be a thing. It's should relate to the attribute. The fact there are two different settings is actually poor game design and undermines their shooting ratings which they have in place. So yes, just pressing a button with Real Shooting% is a random outcome. It's not using the ratings they have given each player.
How does it show bad game design? Do you even know why it's in the game or what it does? It isn't something that undermines their rating but instead makes full use of them by removing the aspect of human error when it comes to shooting
Old 09-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #21
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Real Shooting % shouldn't even be a thing. It's should relate to the attribute. The fact there are two different settings is actually poor game design and undermines their shooting ratings which they have in place. So yes, just pressing a button with Real Shooting% is a random outcome. It's not using the ratings they have given each player.
I'm glad you enjoy User Timing so much you feel the need to decide what everyone else should enjoy. Attributes determine how likely a player is to make a shot. Letting only the attributes determine this is represented by the Real Player % setting. User Timing adds another variable to the equation...a timing 'minigame' of sorts. Different players prefer different experiences, hence both settings.

One of the main mantras this year was to give the player as much control as possible, and judging by the posts in this thread a lot of you are receiving it well. That's great, but don't forget that your way isn't the only way to enjoy the game. If my player hits 71% of free throws, I personally like for him to do that when I'm controlling him as well, not hit 90% because I mastered his release or a meter. Some people don't play to be competitive and only play for the sim experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
God forbid they have you do something different.

2k16 doesn't have it...feel free.
That's twice just now you've posted your disgust in threads where people expressed a desire for more optional features. You're either trolling for fun or you're the kind of person that gets upset when you find out someone has a different taste in music than you do.

Last edited by joosegoose; 09-19-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #22
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I've been treating lay ups like jump shots, releasing at the top of the jump. But I also have real % on. My understanding of real % from last year is that timing still has some affect on success, just less.

Not to high jack the thread, but since it's somewhat related, are shots from the post absolute or camera relative? I seem to be bricking more of these than anything. Hooks, turnaround Js & drop steps are killing me.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn5373
If I understand the lay up meter correct, isn't it only helping you if you get it green? Meaning even if you mistime it you're not penalized it just goes in based on your lay up rating. Can anyone confirm.

From my experience this is NOT the case.

The worst part is if you go for a dunk but b/c of contact game switches to a layup it's Damm near impossible to time because when I dunk I'm not thinking about the meter
Old 09-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #24
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm hoping they patch in last year's pro stick option. But my problem is not so much the timing, as that only bothers me when I'm going for a dunk and end up doing something else. My problem is with absolute only controls for jumpers since I play with camera relative isomotion.

And I'm still not sure if shots from the post are camera relative, absolute, or a combination? Triggering a post shot then rotating the stick straight up/down appears to raise my success rate, but that could be placebo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »