Home

Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More

This is a discussion on Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #41
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Quote:
Originally Posted by juduking
Please stop giving Sony the patches a week earlier than the other two platforms. Its unprofessional.
For what it's worth, PC was 'only' a day after PS4 for this patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
They release patches to Sony and MS at the same time, according to what they said when this came up last year. MS apparently just takes longer to approve and deploy them.

I don't know what that seems to happen only for 2K, but that's what we've been told by 2k at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGuy39
that's not 2K

that's sony and microsoft.
I wouldn't be so sure of this. PC has no such verification process yet PS4 is still always first (even in patches with no PC fixes). And as it's been stated, this behavior seems unique to NBA2k.

Anyways, looking forward to these changes. Can't wait for the elimination or reduction of moving screens, and happy to hear acknowledgement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #42
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Now the question becomes...

CPU defenders leaving guys wide open in the paint. Is this one of the defensive issues being fixed? Smoove did a video on this, as you probably know by now.

I hate having to put Sam Pham's defensive settings in manually every game.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #43
Rookie

When updating 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES because this is a big deal.

HUGE.

Devs of 2K, believe it or not, there 2 kinds of 2k players:

1. OFFLINE GUYS ("Old School") - Guys who wanna have realistic, immersive & authentic NBA simulated experience just like watching actual NBA games. Guys who play with real life friends / family at home. Guys who dont care about VC, like, at all. Guys who wanna customize & edit rosters, teams, etc. fully without annoyances & constraints just like previous gens. Guys who care more if the NBA2K game has depth into it like core gameplay & customization.

2. ONLINE GUYS ("Dudebros") - These guys mostly care about stats on the online leaderboard & have cash for VC. They generally dont care about actual gameplay & depth, they just wanna improve their online notoriety. Bragging right guys, if you will.

So, since I started as PS1 guy & NBA fan since KG T-Wolf era, I fall on the 1st category. I KNOW IF GAME, NOT JUST 2K GAMES, IS WORTH IT OR NOT. For sure guys like me would agree in this, because we're experience for literal 4 gens of gaming now & we see it coming a mile away without internet reviews help (before EGM reviews).

What ticks me off with the latest update 1.04 on PS4 is it feels it caters towards more online guys. Since this update, as I play CPU, they DO NOT MISS AND-1s & close shots. At all. Try it, youll see.

And personally since day 1 I never had issues with layups & whatever because I TURN ALL HUD OFF, including shot meter, NEVER NEEDED IT, NEVER WILL.

It is infuriating that 2K breaks the offline systems of the game to favor online guys.

Why cant 2K do COMPLETELY SEPARATE UPDATES for both offline & online guys? How is this acceptable? The only positive thing 1.04 brought was stats in loading screen & David Aldridge, which is mind you, ON-DISC ALREADY. But we all gotta download ANOTHER 7 GB of patch because online guys cant sort themselves out.

First it was the Dream Team issue, then the NEW JERSEYS & SHOES DOES NOT UPDATE YOUR CUSTOM ROSTER prior to 1.03 (which came 3 weeks since tipoff so obviously some of us already edited our rosters) because it is not coded in the game itself but thru patches, then you still see the NAMELESS GENERIC COACH every timeout huddle & now they are literally splitting the NBA2K community.

Just SMH, man.

*~*
Old 10-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #44
Rookie

Thank You Mike for restoring my faith in 2k. I was starting to give up hope on 2k17 and 2k in general to be honest. I'm really looking foward to more realistic shooting % and green releases being less easy to get. Also extremely glad to hear defense will finally be getting the attention it deserves.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #45
Rookie

Is this only an Online thing? Because in myMg, I can only shoot wide open 3's, and at about 40% max. anything off the dribble sometimes doesn't even touch the damn rim, which is too dramatic. Something as simple as an open (god forbid contested) dribble pull up is terrible.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #46
Banned

WISports's Arena

This is good news. I'm hoping the "more" means body types being fixed. Because if they aren't, I'm probably done with 2K17.

Hopefully this patch doesn't mess other stuff up in the process.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:35 PM   #47
Just started!

Why screw with the shot meter? Can't you just tune down some players 3 point ratings, like Miles Leonard going 8-10 from the 3 point the other day on me. Lol. But I feel you can actually compete using different teams against GS and CLE. But 2K might screw this up now.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #48
Just started!

And if Madden can make it where you never play against the same team you choose on h2h, I'm sure that 2k can do the same as well. They need to fix this asap because I'm tired of playing the same team I'm using.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »