Home

The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions

This is a discussion on The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions

I have been playing all day and **** like this is beyond rampant. It feels like every game it gets harder and harder to get fair play.

Someone try to justify this play as anything other than the game deciding the CPU needed to score:

Khris Middleton slides over to Fournier in the corner correctly. Everything after that is an absolute travesty. Not only does he slide over towards for no reason, the animation looks buggy and weird as hell. Is there any explanation for this other than hard-coded comeback logic type stuff? I was up three before he made that shot.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 02:08 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions

Yeah, it is very bad.

Are you in my career? If so, you are stuck with that stuff.

If not, turn off ACE and set your own D.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Yeah, it is very bad.

Are you in my career? If so, you are stuck with that stuff.

If not, turn off ACE and set your own D.
It's MyLeague

The sad part is, I finally committed to turning ACE off earlier today. That play happened with Fournier set to Smother/Deny. And I'm pretty sure Middleton is billed at least as an above average, solid, principled defender.

This play messed my head up pretty bad because I saw the ball go to Fournier and Middleton run at him. I blinked and when I opened my eyes the three was going in. I had to go into instant replay to even discern what happened because Middleton's inexplicable slide away from Fournier was so fast, out of place, and unexpected that I literally did not see it in real time.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:14 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
It's MyLeague

The sad part is, I finally committed to turning ACE off earlier today. That play happened with Fournier set to Smother/Deny. And I'm pretty sure Middleton is billed at least as an above average, solid, principled defender.

This play messed my head up pretty bad because I saw the ball go to Fournier and Middleton run at him. I blinked and when I opened my eyes the three was going in. I had to go into instant replay to even discern what happened because Middleton's inexplicable slide away from Fournier was so fast, out of place, and unexpected that I literally did not see it in real time.
90 % of the game is great and I am enjoying it.......but it is almost best just not to look at replays or overthink mad moments. I can't even begin to tell you how many times one of the my bigs has rushed to the top of the key and left his man alone under the basket for a lay up...
Old 10-23-2016, 02:47 AM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lol @ him slipping for no reason.

This is why I throw every perimeter player on Smother/Deny ball in MyCareer, I refuse to let the CPU make decisions for itself. Just stick to your man and if you get beat, I'll provide the help defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 03:06 AM   #6
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Sadly you just get used to it. It's not like it's new to 2K17. Don't get me wrong, I hate it, but it's a part of 2K and will likely remain for a long time.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:22 AM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Physics bug. Ive been the beneficiary of them, but it's human nature to have the ones where we get screwed stick in our minds.

The CPU isn't deciding it has to score.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:22 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Sadly you just get used to it. It's not like it's new to 2K17. Don't get me wrong, I hate it, but it's a part of 2K and will likely remain for a long time.
I'm a 2K addict (I mean it's 3:21 AM and I'm sitting here with the game on, posting on OS) and I don't remember 2K16 or anything previous having some of these issues to this intensity

I've never felt less in control of my defense in a 2K basketball game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »