Home

Omer Asik with 22 assists in 1 half versus the 98 Bulls on HOF difficulty

This is a discussion on Omer Asik with 22 assists in 1 half versus the 98 Bulls on HOF difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Omer Asik with 22 assists in 1 half versus the 98 Bulls on HOF difficulty

I dont think its really a problem with the accuracy with Asik's passes like what some people are saying the problem is the defense isnt reacting to what is happening. Any center above elementary school level would have deflected 90% of these passes and the strong side never rotates to prevent the open cutter from getting the layup.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The sad thing is that the defender getting repeatedly abused in this video, Ron Harper, is one of the best of his era and has some of the highest defensive ratings in the game.

A defender like Steve Kerr should be getting beat sometimes (but not over and over again) on those cuts. A defender like Ron Harper should be tipping or intercepting those paint cuts the majority of the time.

Unfortunately, this kind of play is currently flawed to the point that the defenders' ratings don't matter at all. The AI is just incapable of stopping it consistently.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-18-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #19
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Cheating the cpu? Running a real life basketball play is cheating the CPU because the AI isn't good enough to defend the most simple of plays?

This is a play that is in the game, in a team's play book that should be easily defended by anyone, especially with Omer Asik as the distributor.

No one is saying the game is a steaming hot pile of garbage, but you have to eventually call a spade a spade, pick your battles and just realize things like this should not be happening..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I never said it was ok or that I didn't mind it, I simply was stating the horse has been beaten to death about AI miscues in this years game......to make a video exploiting the AI is just being redundant......no game will ever be perfect and in a basketball game with so many things going on it will always struggle to have perfect AI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #20
Pro

What if you adjust the Pass Accuracy (User) slider and the Hands (CPU attribute) slider?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:43 PM   #21
MVP

Just tried it out vs CPU in MT Challenge vs Rockets. Only Pro. It's even more dramatic regular breakdown when you have a mismatch initiating. Just straight alley oops to Giannis getting psst Beverly.

It seems same basic inability to handle cuts and particularly give and go sort of action. I hope the devs are aware of this and are doing something to help with more intelligent perimeter defense so that a successful cut is not so easy. It should be a somewhat rare lapse in drfensive awareness, mostly with bad defenders.

Give and Go can be tough to defend online in PvP. Especially if it's an isolated 2-man action a.d both players can shoot off the dribble or contested at high level.

But if one is aware of it and looks out for it, it's not a "money" action.

And, offline PvCPU, one need not exploit it, though I guess it can be hard to resist almost-sure scoring actions.

I'm sure the devs have gotten wind of Sam's video and this issue. If they were ever going to fix it, and can, then I imagine they're are, or have plans to, work on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #22
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

For what it's worth I have cpu pass accuracy at 1 and human at 15. The only reason I have human passing so high is because any lower than 15 on fastbreaks (lol like they exist) the guy catching the ball always stops and bobbles it.

My point is lowering the slider to practically nothing doesn't have a dramatic effect on the game. In fact I'd say it makes the game where it should start out. Passing ratings are either too high or how they coded passing is weighted poorly.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #23
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

I remember when this site was about playing sim basketball, knowing the every sports game had flaws but not abusing it because we were better than that. Pointing out flaws, keep at it because that is what will make the next game better, but the constant this game is broken threads is getting ridiculous their wont be a game anytime soon that will truly replicate the unpredictability of the human sprit, emotion and abilities.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #24
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I remember when this site was about playing sim basketball, knowing the every sports game had flaws but not abusing it because we were better than that. Pointing out flaws, keep at it because that is what will make the next game better, but the constant this game is broken threads is getting ridiculous their wont be a game anytime soon that will truly replicate the unpredictability of the human sprit, emotion and abilities.
I think people would be less upset if 2K didn't advertise ACE as something that will adjust and adapt throughout the course of a game. We all heard that pre launch and went in on the game with some sort of expectation of that. Yet I reality we found crazy rotations, poor double logic, and no paint resistance for cuts.

They said there's a new system in place and sold it to us as something "SIM" like real sim. Now that we all tested the ACE system and we are kinda shocked ? Is hard to call something an abuse when is just a regular basketball cut: post entry followed by a cut is as sim as it gets. That cut working 90% of the time is the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »