Home

NBA 2k17 for Xbox one freeze on startup screen

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 for Xbox one freeze on startup screen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #41
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14
Icon13 Re: NBA 2k17 for Xbox one freeze on startup screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
At least now I know Im not the only one. Super annoying
I believe it is actually happening/eventually happening to everyone on xbox one at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #42
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2k17 for Xbox one freeze on startup screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainZ
I believe it is actually happening/eventually happening to everyone on xbox one at this point.
2k support responded to me on twitter. I doubt there is anything they can do, but probably the most direct route to let them know something is up without getting a smug response they gave from above

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by laroche360
this is the answer that was given to me by a 2 k operator

st off the bat, thanks for giving us a shout here at 2K Support, we are always happy to help with any issue that you may be facing!

I'm sorry to hear that your NBA 2K17 game is taking its sweet time loading past the page with all the team logos, we know the last thing you want to deal with when trying to load into the game is an extended waiting period.

With that being said, the best way to get around this issue is to remain patient here. As more content is released for the game over time, this loading period can take quite a while to complete (especially if the game has not been played recently for some time). Don't stress, nothing is frozen here, just give it some time and it'll load through!

I hope this clears things up, if you still have issues, don't hesitate to get back to us and give us an update! Until then, feel free to shoot us a message and we will be more than happy to rebound you an answer as fast as we can!

Keep calm and ball on,

Keep calm and ball on are u serious ?si the just completely ignore my request ..this issue is real and need to be fixed
I'm shocked you actually got a response. I let them know about this over a MONTH ago and got nothing. People have been having issues with this ever since the December update yet they haven't done a damn thing about it. In my case, sometimes I have to wait upwards of 30 minutes before it unfreezes. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all. It's a bug that literally makes the game unplayable that has existed for over a month and all effing 2k is worried about how many events Future can play in a pro-am. 2k use to be such a great company but they are working damn hard on pissing away their reputation.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #44
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
2k support responded to me on twitter. I doubt there is anything they can do, but probably the most direct route to let them know something is up without getting a smug response they gave from above
They have hundreds if not thousands of tickets about the issue already over the past month..Its like they are aware of it but the support ppl have been given their spiel to use and thats it..

I just want the devs to acknowledge they are working on a fix, not a support person to read his lines to me..
Old 01-13-2017, 08:30 PM   #45
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainZ
Im having to do the cache clear every single time i start up 2K now...This is just madness!

Steve OS/Chris or someone should hit up Mike etc to look into it.
Most Xbox one players not being able to start the game without doing a random fix that 2k literally says not to do on their page is a pretty big thing don't you think? Should be on the front page OS news..

Couldn't agree with this more. This is the problem with gaming journalism. It's more about promotion than actually being a voice for the customers. OS should use what influence it has show 2k how prevalent this problem is becoming. Same goes with IGN by the way. This is a major game with a major issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #46
Rookie

IowaMatt72's Arena

This was happening to me as well. The game would load to the screen with all the team Logos and then would just sit there.

I had to uninstall and then reinstall the game to get it to work. Luckily the game didn't delete my My Career stuff and I still have all thst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #47
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
Couldn't agree with this more. This is the problem with gaming journalism. It's more about promotion than actually being a voice for the customers. OS should use what influence it has show 2k how prevalent this problem is becoming. Same goes with IGN by the way. This is a major game with a major issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I've PM'd Steve OS to try and get a response from 2k.. Heres hoping.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

I haven't really played much lately, but my last day off it froze again. I've had uninstall twice now. Finally have some time after work tonight to play. fingers crossed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »