Home

AI cheese

This is a discussion on AI cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2017, 08:12 PM   #17
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AI cheese

No duh reasons why this AI isn't the "smartest AI ever."

1. Double team cheese. Happens the entire game.

2. The complaints I've made in this thread happen the entire game.

If the AI is so smart then why don't they change how they play? I have ACE on and nothing. They do the same cheese all game. Why are you double teaming the same guy for the entire game? How is that smart?

By the way, I'm not playing this game anymore. I am done. This AI is pissing me off. I'm done with being frustrated. I have never been this irritated with any video game in my life and I've played Fallout 4 and Alien Isolation (hard difficulty). No more for me. I'm going to play other games in my rotation more. They deserve my attention. I'm taking a month break, so I hope by then 2K will actually fix this damn game with real patches not temporary bandaids or updates that mean nothing.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
Playing as the Jazz against the Nets now. Every guard is pushing the pace aka turboing down the court on every possession. You can't get called for charge because the animation happens and you get nothing or they just blow by you when you press O. If you successfully try to draw a charge it's called as a blocking foul!

Yeah...

Pushing the pace, running a millions screens and spamming the paint = smartest AI ever

This game is a joke. About to be the 4th month and I am still frustrated. When is this going to stop?

Oh yeah, when you try to defend the opposing player and you do the stance you automatically swipe the ball without pressing anything, so that's another stupid handicap on the user. Another B.S. foul.

Going to the paint = automatic foul. Phantom fouls actually. Of course you can get bodyslammed to death and you get no call but you don't even touch the player and it's a whistle and usually an And-1.

Another thing I noticed the other day when I played with the Cavs vs the Hornets was I was getting blocked like I was playing Madden. I am getting pushed 5 feet or being held like I am getting bearhugged. Thanks for making the screens even worse and more OP! This is what I asked for!

Seriously, Bellinelli was blocking me on a screen like an offensive linemen would protect the running back. You have no idea how pissed I was.

Playing NBA Today now like I said with the Jazz. The Nets are playing fast as hell. Every guard is turboing each possession. I am getting drifted 5 feet away from my defender with the screens and sucked into them. I am just sick of it. One of the worst teams in the league huh? The ratings don't matter. The stats don't matter. Trevor Booker has an open 3 at 68 and a D grade but he's 3-3 from the 3pt line. Okay? Laser sharp passes and the shot clock lightning passing is on every pass. Bad teams don't play like bad teams. Every team plays the exact same way. No identity. This is not the smartest AI ever. It's a damn joke. It's cheese. The user gets handicapped in every way.

Mode: Play Now (NBA Today - All Star difficulty). Superstar is even worse. All Star has always been the most balanced but I am really going to take a break from this game. My current rotation: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Let It Die, UFC 2 and WWE 2K17. There's no reason for me to even play this game like before. I am just tired. I am also thinking about not doing MyLeague for the first time ever. That's how fed up I am right now. I can't take it anymore. Winning means nothing. You can't ignore all the flaws with this game. Winning is not fun. Nothing is fun. I'm not buying 2K18. I am saying a lot of things I would never say in the past. I hope NBA Live 17 comes out in February. I haven't been this hyped for another basketball game in my life!

Enough is enough!

P.S. These AI speed boosts need to GO. I am really getting sick of the discrepancy. How are you and your teammates so slow but the AI isn't? Does that make any sense? Sliders or game speed change nothing. I use sliders of my own but the same stuff happens. It's the game coding. It's just how it is. You can't stop this superhuman AI play with sliders.

P.P.S. The Nets play the fastest in the NBA so blah blah blah. No, all teams on 2K play like this! Depends on the day I play but the game speed the AI plays is like 2000. Seems to be worse when you are the road team. One day you don't lose your voice and you enjoy the game but most days it's like today.
everything you said is spot on... hopefully Live can bring something different because i'm almost to the point where i'm sick of this series.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:44 AM   #19
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

All I want is a successful fastbreak lol There is no space the CPU can't make up in transition this year smh
Old 01-03-2017, 04:49 AM   #20
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Is it just me, or is the CPU intercepting an INSANE amount of passes this year?

Seriously, every mode I play, they manage to throw their arm out the INSTANT I press the pass button, thus knocking it away and getting picked up by another defender, if it wasn't outright caught.
ACE on, ACE off, it doesn't matter.

This DID NOT HAPPEN in previous 2Ks.

I get at least 20 steals against me every 48-minute game.
Once, the other team got thirty-six steals.
The real-life NBA single-game record is 27.

This is sim?

It makes me feel like I'm an absolutely pathetic player, because I dare not blame the game for my own shortcomings...yet, I've made topics like this before, and the most common response?

"It's not you. It's literally the game."

Surely I'm not the only one this happens to.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:53 AM   #21
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

Seriously, every mode I play, they manage to throw their arm out the INSTANT I press the pass button, thus knocking it away and getting picked up by another defender, if it wasn't outright caught.

This is sim?

It makes me feel like I'm an absolutely pathetic player, because I dare not blame the game for my own shortcomings...yet, I've made topics like this before, and the most common response?

Passing has needed a massive overhaul for years now. I get what you're saying about them being OP when it comes to intercepting passes, but 37 is a hell of a lot passes stolen, AI has never even come close to doing that against me.

How often do they get high steal numbers like that against you? Is it frequently over 20 when you play?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

This is sim?

Yeah, it's insane this year. The go-go gadget arms and telepathy are in stark contrast to the gentle full court lobs the cpu throws into my paint without punishment. 2k18 has to be the year when the cpu stops working from button presses, as it's just too op. Either that or program in a 1 or 2 second delay on controller input.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkJay
I almost forgot about that one to it does happen pretty often imo, players not getting back and the CPU throw it deep.

However, here is one that happens a few times a game taken out of the video game trope "your rules arent my rules".

When the CPU is running low on the shot clock they'll call for a pick wait for it to come, then wait for the animation to start then fire up a shot that is "uncontested" if you the player do the same thing wait for the CPU to get caught in the animation it will be considered "contested" even if you move slightly away and the CPU dont contest.

Regardless what they say there has to be something programed into the CPU to do these things, because every team will do them. They may run different offenses but they WILL do them.

Also posting again so people can see since bug forum was long.

PC MYGM players dont earn badges at progression, nor do CPU players progress.
Quote:
My Rules Are Not Your Rules
This is great, because it's so on point.

The less polite one is,
Quote:
The Computer Is a Cheating
Bastard
The quote on this page is something that developers need to remember.

Quote:
"Cheat wherever you can. A.I.s are handicapped. They need to cheat from time to time if they're going to close the gap... Never get caught cheating. Nothing ruins the illusion of a good A.I. like seeing how they're cheating."

Jonny Ebert, lead designer of Dawn of War 2 on video game A.I.
Currently the cheats and different rules of behavior are so obvious that it makes the game not fun to play. They need to do a better job of masking the CPU's omniscient/omnipotent abilities on the higher levels.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #24
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

That has to be the most troubling thing about NBA2K17, is that the immersion has be flat out broken due to the CPU having an extremely noticeable different sent of rules . Sure 2K15, and 2K16 had issues but the immersion for the most part was present. But this year the wheels have come flying off. It doesn't help that this dev team is trying to appease two different bases of customers. But truth be told they've screwed up so massively they've actually managed to piss off both bases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »