Home

I built a Dynasty in MyLeague. What now?

This is a discussion on I built a Dynasty in MyLeague. What now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
I built a Dynasty in MyLeague. What now?

I had typed like 4 paragraphs setting up this question but nobody reads anyway. Long story short after being an amazing GM of the Bulls I have Lonzo Ball, Zach Lavine, Paul George, Aaron Gordon, & DeMarcus Cousins. This has made the game incredibly boring. What do you usually do after building a powerhouse? See how many titles you can win? Quit the mode and restart? Have a fire sale?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

Re: I built a Dynasty in MyLeague. What now?

Download a fictional draft class, or create on yourself. Personally I've edited one to include a prospect that's the second coming of Jordan. It's fun to compete against him as he keep getting better and better.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Could always try another mode... there are plenty of modes in 2k that I never even tried yet, but when I start to get bored I might check em out.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:42 PM   #4
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
I had typed like 4 paragraphs setting up this question but nobody reads anyway. Long story short after being an amazing GM of the Bulls I have Lonzo Ball, Zach Lavine, Paul George, Aaron Gordon, & DeMarcus Cousins. This has made the game incredibly boring. What do you usually do after building a powerhouse? See how many titles you can win? Quit the mode and restart? Have a fire sale?
Maybe try running a franchise in a realistic way? Easy to say you are an amazing GM when you get Demarcus Cousins, Paul George, 2 young prospects, and a #1 pick in the draft. In reality, Bulls don't have the assets to acquire Cousins, George, or a number 1 overall pick.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:49 PM   #5
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Maybe try running a franchise in a realistic way? Easy to say you are an amazing GM when you get Demarcus Cousins, Paul George, 2 young prospects, and a #1 pick in the draft. In reality, Bulls don't have the assets to acquire Cousins, George, or a number 1 overall pick.
They actually do. To the right team Jimmy Butler is a 5 star piece. Even with the Sim World Slider Set for MyLeague teams are willing to give up a lot for him. Him, Wade, and some random picks got me Wiggins, Lavine, and a pick from MIN. That pick got me Lonzo Ball in the draft. Wiggins didn't take the next step so we still finished in the lottery and had nearly 60M in cap space because Wiggins & Lavine had Rookie options. It's very random where FA's decide to go and sometimes I can lure Steph away from GSW the most I usually get is an overpaid Millsap, but in this year, PG & Boogie wanted to join the squad. I was able to go over because I signed them before matching Wiggins offer sheet and nobody offered Lavine anything. I traded Wiggins for Gordon and that's how I got this team. No slider cheesing, no financial options switching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 12:14 AM   #6
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
They actually do. To the right team Jimmy Butler is a 5 star piece. Even with the Sim World Slider Set for MyLeague teams are willing to give up a lot for him. Him, Wade, and some random picks got me Wiggins, Lavine, and a pick from MIN. That pick got me Lonzo Ball in the draft. Wiggins didn't take the next step so we still finished in the lottery and had nearly 60M in cap space because Wiggins & Lavine had Rookie options. It's very random where FA's decide to go and sometimes I can lure Steph away from GSW the most I usually get is an overpaid Millsap, but in this year, PG & Boogie wanted to join the squad. I was able to go over because I signed them before matching Wiggins offer sheet and nobody offered Lavine anything. I traded Wiggins for Gordon and that's how I got this team. No slider cheesing, no financial options switching.
That's fine but in no way realistic. Minnesota isn't giving up Wiggins for anything on the Bulls, let alone throwing in Lavine and a pick. They are hanging up the phone. As for Cousins, he is probably going to sign a max extension with the Kings or he will be traded for some combination of 1st rounders, blue chip prospects, and young NBA starters. Maybe Butler, McDermott, and 2 first rounders would do it. Paul George also quite a long shot. You can do it however you want, but none of those moves are ever happening in the real NBA.

In fact there was an article that came out today that said Kings have discussed trading Cousins to the Suns for the young center Alex Len, TJ Warren, and the Suns first rounder this year and possibly more. Maybe you could take the Kings or Suns and do that deal and try to rebuild either one of those franchises.

Last edited by caseyj622; 02-02-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:39 AM   #7
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
That's fine but in no way realistic. Minnesota isn't giving up Wiggins for anything on the Bulls, let alone throwing in Lavine and a pick. They are hanging up the phone. As for Cousins, he is probably going to sign a max extension with the Kings or he will be traded for some combination of 1st rounders, blue chip prospects, and young NBA starters. Maybe Butler, McDermott, and 2 first rounders would do it. Paul George also quite a long shot. You can do it however you want, but none of those moves are ever happening in the real NBA.

In fact there was an article that came out today that said Kings have discussed trading Cousins to the Suns for the young center Alex Len, TJ Warren, and the Suns first rounder this year and possibly more. Maybe you could take the Kings or Suns and do that deal and try to rebuild either one of those franchises.
Obviously not IRL, but I think the Trade difficulty is on 80 and think if the CPU is willing to accept it with the slider that high, it's fair game in 2K. I also think there's an error where every team is looking to win now even if their status says rebuilding. Wiggins potential is also only 85 on the current roster and JB is a 92 so maybe they factored that in IDK. But thanks for recommending the Suns. I love DBook and can never get PHO to let him go. This way I'll just have him. I think I'm gonna start a new ML with them.

Last edited by isdatyt; 02-02-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:40 AM   #8
MVP

To me its more fun to play MyLeague with fictional storylines. You can say PG wants to win an MVP but maybe that starts to clash with DMC's desire to be the face of the franchise. Maybe Lonzo Ball has a slump next year.... And so on. Or edit a rival teams roster making them better, so you can have more competition.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »