Home

NBA and Take-Two Launching NBA 2K eLeague in 2018, Teams Operated By NBA Franchises

This is a discussion on NBA and Take-Two Launching NBA 2K eLeague in 2018, Teams Operated By NBA Franchises within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #25
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA and Take-Two Launching NBA 2K eLeague in 2018, Teams Operated By NBA Franchis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yeah, there is a big market for this, and it's growing and growing. A large percentage of the people who play and watch these games, actually don't care about the rampant exploiting, sub par A.I. or any of the other gameplay flaws other than "wanting to make all wide open shots".

A lot have the mindset of, "It's a video game", so anything goes in trying to win. Of course 5 on 5 play will mask many of the A.I. flaws, and given how the game keeps growing sales wise, most seem not to really care about the nonsensical basketball play styles.

For the first time in the history of the series, I'm not optimistic about the gameplay/A.I. in the upcoming game.
I must be getting old. I just remembered that one of the major cable companies (TNT?) had announced an eSports show. I guess I can't wrap my head around watching other people play a game.

To be fair, back when Video Arcades were common, I used to watch other people play Street Fighter and Mortal Combat for hours. Times are changing, and I guess I'm acting like a stubborn old man, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #26
Pro

Re: NBA and Take-Two partnering on NBA 2K Esports League

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveretteWarren
All YouTubers. *sigh*

But I'm hoping for the best!
Nah. It's so many legit players in the pro-am community it won't be that easy for youtubers. Good ole Scott Gallagher knows this.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #27
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
5 myplayers and a bench of real players? I read something not here that they will follow the real nba schedule. I think this would be much better if all the teams are comprised of real NBA players. Basically have a Draft so that the teams are somewhat balanced. I also think think they would be wise to have all of this local basically the gamers should travel and have home and away games like real NBA. This should not be left up to 2 k Servers
Old 02-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #28
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA and Take-Two Launching NBA 2K eLeague in 2018, Teams Operated By NBA Franchis

So you think anyone who "makes" a team should consider this a full time job? Everyone needs to pull back on the reigns a bit LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #29
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
So you think anyone who "makes" a team should consider this a full time job? Everyone needs to pull back on the reigns a bit LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That's the part that's confusing me. However, the Korean "stars" treat their gaming status like a professional. I would imagine the drafted people are not going to be your Average Joe's. Whomever they draft would have to be dedicated to this which brings up another question. Are players getting paid for this?
Old 02-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #30
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1
Players are getting paid for this once you get drafted.. What I want to know is how do we qualify to be in the draft? Is it through playing regular head to head games like Play Now Online? Then whoever is ranked the best then they draft us? If so I like that a whole lot better cuz it relies on your own skills to get that far..
Old 02-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonchipster
The most recent release, NBA 2K17, is the highest-rated annual sports game of the current console generation and the highest-rated title in the history of the NBA 2K series.(1) To date, NBA 2K17 has sold-in nearly 7 million units, and is poised to become 2K’s highest-selling sports title ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #32
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

They should use real nba rosters and have 1 player from every city play as that team. Let the real Nba team pick theuser.

Make the user go to the arena to play the game.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 02-09-2017 at 01:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »