Home

27 Changes That Would Help Pro Am's Gameplay Resemble NBA Basketball

This is a discussion on 27 Changes That Would Help Pro Am's Gameplay Resemble NBA Basketball within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #57
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 27 Changes That Would Help Pro Am's Gameplay Resemble NBA Basketball

Great list.

I mean straight fire bro.

Pro Am is like hell most the times but you have to think that ANY changes that are made will result in the best players finding ways to cheese them. That will trickle down to the bums and boom we will have a guy just like you next year making another list

For this reasok I'm all for making things more strict. Whatever 2k can do to make people play more sim in for. If that means lowering steal success by almost 50% in pro am so people stop spamming and look to move their feet so be it. If that means cutting down 3pt% across the board so teams stop screening for whole plays just trying to get one man open so be it. If that means taking out brick wall and ankle breaker animations for a year until they know how to make the fair then so be it.

Biggest problem with 2k17 is defense.Every single aspect of it is wrong and encourages trash little kid play. It needs to mature. If little kids want to play the park and pro am then create a kids, teens, and 18+ section. Because after defense, little kids messing up games for good players is my next pet peeve
Old 04-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #58
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Since post play is somewhat of my specialty I gotta say one more thing. Post defense is too easy. And really against elite one on one defenders you might as well not do anything but spam dropsteps and spins. Because no one good will jump at anything.

2k has to make the post great again.

If I'm posting up I understand a stance of not jumping at all. But in real life THAT WOULD GET YOU KILLED!!! In real life if I play against a guy who never jumped at ANYTHING and just stood with his hands up what's stopping me from putting jump hooks in his face all day? Like for real. Why wouldn't I post up back down, get my rhythm and do jump hooks over his outstretched hands all game? That's what a guy like Pau Gasol would do.

So imo you gotta make guys defend down there. NO ONE should be able to sit there hold their R Stick up and get good defense
Old 04-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #59
Rookie

That screen shot of live compared makes 2k look like an arcade game.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
An example from a few days ago where a cheap blocking foul call ended up deciding the outcome of a game:

Even when you know exactly where the ball handler is going and you beat him to the spot, the game still bails out the ball handler with a blocking foul.
Blocking fouls need to be lowered in the sliders that's for sure. As a pg I probably get at least 3 of those a game in pro-am just trying to guard my man, which is crazy. Most of the time I'm just moving the left stick away from the ball handler too, trying to move back as they are running into me.

It's just another bail out for the offense, which there are many in this game. It doesn't feel like there's any point to even trying to play defense in this game if ball handlers can just run into you and get those silly fouls all of the time or especially inside the paint all i see is people forcing up the most ridiculous contested shots and getting bailed out constantly.

The fouling system in this game needs to seriously be looked at and adjusted so that its not rewarding such terrible offense like it is right now.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2playball
Blocking fouls need to be lowered in the sliders that's for sure. As a pg I probably get at least 3 of those a game in pro-am just trying to guard my man, which is crazy. Most of the time I'm just moving the left stick away from the ball handler too, trying to move back as they are running into me.

It's just another bail out for the offense, which there are many in this game. It doesn't feel like there's any point to even trying to play defense in this game if ball handlers can just run into you and get those silly fouls all of the time or especially inside the paint all i see is people forcing up the most ridiculous contested shots and getting bailed out constantly.

The fouling system in this game needs to seriously be looked at and adjusted so that its not rewarding such terrible offense like it is right now.
I made a comment in another thread about the fouls, it's ridiculous. The one you mentioned where you're moving the stick the opposite direction but get sucked into a blocking foul are the worst.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »