Home

Go vote on 3 point shooting NOW!!!

This is a discussion on Go vote on 3 point shooting NOW!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #73
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Go vote on 3 point shooting NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Turn off the shot meter, and use the top of the players release as your guide.

I think you'll have better results. And if the CPU is killing you, you may want to step it down to Allstar. You could just be playing on the wrong level man.
Agree.

You gotta use the Animations almost like Guitar Hero style and just make sure you go with wherever the animation takes you.

Also, not sure what "A Grade" shooter means? Are you taking moving shots with a catch and shoot player? Could also be the camera angle is making you think you're more open than you are.

The biggest hurdle when tweaking this game is that it affects a ton of different modes and the player base ranges from casual to hardcore to e-sports gamer.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #74
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
When I hear "great release," I think "Green release." With that in mind, I have no problem with greens going in at an 80% clip. HOWEVER, the window for a "green" needs to be tighter, they need to be damn near impossible to get even half the time you time a release well. With that in mind, if you're missing the mark, even slightly, that should have consequences. The odds for hitting that kind of shot, even open, should go down by around half, and at least by 30%. If you're getting a very late or an iffy "slightly late" one, the odds of hitting that shot should be slim. This *should* help open shooters, even elite ones, to hit realistic percentages with minimal complaint. For example, if I'm in a pro-am game and take 11 threes, no one around, because the defense is terrible for some reason, and I nail my release 5 times, just miss it 5 more and totally botch it once, this is what my game would look like:

Greens- 4 of 5
Just off- 2 of 5
Way off- 0 of 1

And there you have it. 6 of 11 on open threes, good for 54% when wide open. Now, obviously, I'm going to have fluctuation. There may be games where I get screwed and miss a couple of greens. There may be games where all my greens drop and I'm getting all my "just off" releases to fall. There may be games where I can't get a "just off" release to fall at all. I may hit on a release that's way off one game. But couple this with raising the probability on slightly contested releases ever so slightly and we'll start seeing realistic percentages.
This is a solid suggestion that most sim style players would think is reasonable, how those twitter peeps would want to burn down the 2K Studios with "so many" misses occurring.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #75
Banned

I dont get it tbh. Just played game on HOF Sim nba today wiz vs hawks. Im bricking wide open threes with Beal, Morris etc. Wtf happened to this game between before and after the patch and why is shooting always the main thing being screwed over. This game is unplayable, I shouldnt get thisnfrustrated.

Online Ive had to resort to cheating tactics of using the baseline glitch for fouls or and 1s / spin layups. Seriously, I just want a game I can enjoy once Im skilled at it. I shouldnt have to constantly rework my gameplay due to new updates and patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #76
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:

I think you'll have better results. And if the CPU is killing you, you may want to step it down to Allstar. You could just be playing on the wrong level man.
Superstar is what I've always played on, and never had these sorts of difficulties. While I've never been the world's greatest 2K player, I -have- at least been able to build my team to certain strengths and utilize those strengths. Superstar has always been what I've found to be the most balanced difficulty, in feeling a challenge that I could lose any game if I wasn't playing well or smart, feeling a sense that I couldn't just go through and dominate with my lowly rated Orlando Magic, and putting an emphasis on team building, and needing to acquire and develop strong talent in order to compete.

So let me just emphasize, it's not the fact that I -lose- games that bothers me. In the current state of my Magic in MyGM, I absolutely -should- be losing many games, moreso than I win. Which is why I don't want to lower the difficulty.

It's the manner of which I am losing. When I can't even use the talent I do have to the strengths that they do have, it makes playing and team building feel futile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Agree.

You gotta use the Animations almost like Guitar Hero style and just make sure you go with wherever the animation takes you.

Also, not sure what "A Grade" shooter means? Are you taking moving shots with a catch and shoot player? Could also be the camera angle is making you think you're more open than you are.

The biggest hurdle when tweaking this game is that it affects a ton of different modes and the player base ranges from casual to hardcore to e-sports gamer.
Look at the player's attribute ratings. They are given a letter grade, and then a more specific number grade. I have built up a team of B to A grade 3 point shooters. No, I am not taking moving shots. That was one adjustment I made a few years back, when I used to take those fall away shots from the corner before movement really had a penalty to the shot. A few years back, it became an emphasis in game that you really needed to have set feet, so I have trained myself to make sure my shooter's feet are set and in place before taking the shot. I play on the default 2K camera angle. Trust me, the problem isn't being open or being set. And when I brick a shot due to being covered, or due to not being set, I don't fault the game for that. That's me not playing smart basketball.

I've never not used the shot meter in this or any previous 2K game (at least for as long as the shot meter has been in). It is perhaps worth some experimentation to see if it helps. At this point, it can't hurt, and I'm in a bit of a throw away season in MyGM at present anyways.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:

This x 1000. I don't why more guys don't do this. I turned off the meter the first day I got the game. Just learn the releases, takes like 2 atttempts with each player, lol...Plus its more fun.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #78
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

I'll try no meter and see if that helps anything.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #79
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

I've tried it in practice mode and so far it's way more difficult to shoot using no meter.

In practice mode, I can green fairly frequently. In a game is where I struggle.

In practice mode without the meter, I think I made like 5% of my shots. It was pretty brutal.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 3

To those having difficulty shooting offline....bump up your sliders/ or lower your difficulty. Easy fix.

online on basically all-star ( the default park/pro-am), shooting is a breeze. As it is, sharpshooters already have capes on....

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 04-19-2017 at 11:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »