Home

Go vote on 3 point shooting NOW!!!

This is a discussion on Go vote on 3 point shooting NOW!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 03:48 AM   #65
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Go vote on 3 point shooting NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
If you are offline then you have a customizable experience.
That is true, however, I have limited time for gaming and don't have the time to spend HOURS tweaking sliders to get an acceptable rate of shooting success. If I have an A rated shooter, shooting wide open from his hot spot, I should have a reasonable chance at success with that shot without having to test sliders over and over again (no, not >80%, but it damn sure should be >10%-20%). Sliders should be for some tweaking, not for overall balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 05:12 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 13

Shooting is just too hard right now
Old 04-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
That is true, however, I have limited time for gaming and don't have the time to spend HOURS tweaking sliders to get an acceptable rate of shooting success. If I have an A rated shooter, shooting wide open from his hot spot, I should have a reasonable chance at success with that shot without having to test sliders over and over again (no, not >80%, but it damn sure should be >10%-20%). Sliders should be for some tweaking, not for overall balance.
Are you using the shot meter when shooting?

I play offline HOF and I'm not having a hard time at all. If it was tweaked upward, it would be an excessive percentage.

It's funny to see people say its either too high or too low. I actually like where it is as a whole for the offline experience.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Personally, I don't think shooting is too hard, I'm pretty happy with where it's at. I get a couple green releases per game and several good releases and most of my good 3 shooters hit about 60% of their wide open good releases (which might be a hair high but to me it balances out with the near impossibility of hitting a slightly challenged 3). Shooting is not the root problem here though.

The root problem is that there are generally two completely different types of 2K players which has been discussed at length on here and you can't please both types of players with one shooting solution.

1.) MyCareer/Park Players
2.) MyLeague/MyGM players

And before I even get into it, yes there are going to be some of both groups that fall into the opposite camp but the majority of group 1 play the game completely differently than group 2 and expect a different experience. They want to be able to turn their player into the GOAT and if that's too hard it drives them away. Group 2 on the other hand generally wants their gameplay experience to be sim/realistic and an unrealistic experience drives them away. Essentially 2K is producing 2 completely different basketball games. And maybe that's what they need to look into, 2 actual separate games? They could actually devote more specific resources to each and please both crowds. I know I would LOVE a MyLeague specific 2k with sim play and extra/more/improved features. And I'm sure group 1 would love a deeper/more gameplay modes MyCareer/Park type game. They could even sell them as a bundle if you want both or buy them separately if you don't. Idk, might be a stupid idea but it's a thought.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #69
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

When I hear "great release," I think "Green release." With that in mind, I have no problem with greens going in at an 80% clip. HOWEVER, the window for a "green" needs to be tighter, they need to be damn near impossible to get even half the time you time a release well. With that in mind, if you're missing the mark, even slightly, that should have consequences. The odds for hitting that kind of shot, even open, should go down by around half, and at least by 30%. If you're getting a very late or an iffy "slightly late" one, the odds of hitting that shot should be slim. This *should* help open shooters, even elite ones, to hit realistic percentages with minimal complaint. For example, if I'm in a pro-am game and take 11 threes, no one around, because the defense is terrible for some reason, and I nail my release 5 times, just miss it 5 more and totally botch it once, this is what my game would look like:

Greens- 4 of 5
Just off- 2 of 5
Way off- 0 of 1

And there you have it. 6 of 11 on open threes, good for 54% when wide open. Now, obviously, I'm going to have fluctuation. There may be games where I get screwed and miss a couple of greens. There may be games where all my greens drop and I'm getting all my "just off" releases to fall. There may be games where I can't get a "just off" release to fall at all. I may hit on a release that's way off one game. But couple this with raising the probability on slightly contested releases ever so slightly and we'll start seeing realistic percentages.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 04-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #70
Pro

At first i saw what was going on and i just got depressed. Thought this legit turned into "give the control to 12yo kids who want the game easy - and then proclaim to be THE GOAT TOO GOOD FOR YOU"

But i'm glad Wang answered and let us know he's just testing. And honestly - it's a good idea to do it for testing. It indeed (further) confirms that the majority of the people on park etc just want the game easy.

Hopefully this is understood now with more clarity then ever.

Again - we sim guys just want a more realistic game - and in turn that makes the game more "challenging".

Anyone who complains at a game being more challenging - it's the one that can't play.

Anyone can cheese a game - aka be helped by the games broken mechanics - and proclaim they are the GOAT.

There's no substance to that. It just translates to the game helping you. Not actuall skill.

I want too see team based games in which players are forced to play as a team because they can't dominate as easily as they can now.

And if they don't play as a team to overcome their own limitations - they realize how trash they are when it comes to playing without crutches.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #71
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Are you using the shot meter when shooting?

I play offline HOF and I'm not having a hard time at all. If it was tweaked upward, it would be an excessive percentage.

It's funny to see people say its either too high or too low. I actually like where it is as a whole for the offline experience.
Yes, shot meter and Superstar.

While I can't buy a wide open 3 to save my life, on the other end, the CPU is doing contested crossover stepback 3's like layups.

It definitely kills my desire to want to keep playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Yes, shot meter and Superstar.

While I can't buy a wide open 3 to save my life, on the other end, the CPU is doing contested crossover stepback 3's like layups.

It definitely kills my desire to want to keep playing.
Turn off the shot meter, and use the top of the players release as your guide.

I think you'll have better results. And if the CPU is killing you, you may want to step it down to Allstar. You could just be playing on the wrong level man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »