Home

Shooting percentages in NBA 2K17 are vastly inflated. Blame the terrible defenses

This is a discussion on Shooting percentages in NBA 2K17 are vastly inflated. Blame the terrible defenses within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Shooting percentages in NBA 2K17 are vastly inflated. Blame the terrible defenses

I wonder if you can chime in on this Mike. I'm not sure how green releases work now or before the patch as far as frequency goes but it seemed to me pre update everyone no matter the rating had the same chance of getting a perfect release. I wonder if there's a way to make the higher the rating the bigger sweet spot and vice versa
Old 05-11-2017, 01:57 PM   #58
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
Re: Shooting percentages in NBA 2K17 are vastly inflated. Blame the terrible defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnake21
I wonder if you can chime in on this Mike. I'm not sure how green releases work now or before the patch as far as frequency goes but it seemed to me pre update everyone no matter the rating had the same chance of getting a perfect release. I wonder if there's a way to make the higher the rating the bigger sweet spot and vice versa
Shot timing windows (including perfect release) scale based on shot %. So what you're describing is already implemented. Basically, when your shot % gets below a certain number, the perfect window reduces to a sub frame value, making it impossible to hit. Problem is, once you've crossed that threshold, hitting the green release window becomes the same for everybody.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #59
Rookie

I'm mainly talking about wide open shots. Maybe we're saying the same thing but for example. Say a 95 open 3 rating would have a 5% sweet spot on his release to get green where a 50 open 3 rating would have 1%. Obviously those numbers are just an example
Old 05-15-2017, 03:18 AM   #60
Rookie

I would just get rid of the green release. If you time it right, based on your stats, the shot will go in 6/10, 4/10, 1/10.

I know it's hard to implement that things, but it would make it so much more realistic.

I mean, Steph is the best shooter we ever witnessed- and he ain't shooting 80%

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »