Home

What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

This is a discussion on What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2017, 06:40 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

arena atmosphere is still not even close to being right. i wouldnt be so critical of this had the last EA basketball offering not got this spot on. 2k seems to ignore it. it would be a much better game if you really felt like you were in the thick of things based on crowd noise and appropriate reaction to big plays at home/on the road/in the playoffs/finals.

2k needs to get better at allowing players to be effective using their strengths. to me, if you play with kyle lowry, you shouldnt have to work much harder than the fastest quickest point guards to consistently get by people. lowry should be able to use his strength at the position just as effectively as john wall and westbrook use their elite speed and quickness. IT should be just as crafty around the rim as he is in real life and not be penalized so hard for being so short.

when bigs or incapable defenders switch on to great offensive players, their ability to play good/great one on one defense is too high. there should be a big issue with rudy gobert being left on an island with steph curry.

fast break logic needs to be fixed. even when i am a step or 2 ahead of the nearest defender, he always seems to either have an extra burst or lock me into a grabbing animation to slow me down.

looking fwd to the game being more strategic in defense instead of unrealistic based on attributes. i.e. call for the double team so gobert doesnt get his ankles broken against curry and allow the offense and defense to react from there instead of making goberts footwork just good enough to stay with curry. and/or make gobert take several steps up or back to take away one thing and give up another

bring back the old substitution menu. having to sub individual players in timeout situations instead of being able to sub whole lineups isnt ideal.

seems as if controls like "no threes" doesnt work at all. there have been games where i have made this change on the fly and the opposing team made 3 more wide open 3s in a row.

i only play offlin e franchise/gm modes btw

this game is incredibly fun, hope to see it improve.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #58
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I think the game should focus on simple basketball again

Grand badges , 5 HOF badges , automatic green lights do not seem very sim like. Espically for an esport.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I think the game should focus on simple basketball again

Grand badges , 5 HOF badges , automatic green lights do not seem very sim like. Espically for an esport.
I agree. I think the only badges should be the personality badges - clutch performer, wild card, etc.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 6
AI player communication would add a lot. While defensive sliders let you choose a strategy a player yelling switch or similar information would be helpful on the pick and roll. Also this game needs a moving screen penalty slider. Finally, changing collision on drives. In basketball defense is mainly about preventing the defender from turning the corner. Instead of a lame bumping animation on drives, have the defense force the drive to the baseline short corner area. That is more realistic.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 3

What needs improving? OFFLINE DEFENSE!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2017, 11:09 PM   #62
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

A way to differentiate online and offline.

Let people in Park get consistent greens and let people who want to play sim turn off greens all together
Old 05-19-2017, 02:23 AM   #63
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

People say servers haven't improved ever..,they must be too young to remember 2K 5 years ago. Light years better now...not saying they are good but waiting an hour to get a crew match going lol...or an online association game dropping out every 5 minutes or right at tip off. It was bad and that was only a few years ago

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #64
Rookie

-i playing 2k games since 2k8.and DEFENCE never be that bad.You just cant control defence.let us play defence again.
-Shooting just ridicilous in that game.that limitless range badge make it terrible.okay steph curry have range in real life but c'mon 2k.i dont want to see half court shot every ofense.
-Mypark and pro-am need improve.not only servers and gameplay also customization.everything same every year.
-Also Myteam need new modes.
-And one of the most important thing in game waiting.like every myteam game start we waiting.everytime ball out we waiting refere or a player going to pick up ball and turn back.

+Post game in this years is great.really good job.but ofcourse need to add new moves in 2k18
+Mycareer ingame badge unlocking is good to.
+İ guess most people dont like archetypes but i like it.good idea.but need balance-upgrage-improve.maybe second archtype thing make more good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »