Home

Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It?

This is a discussion on Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #25
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It?

It depends, IMO. I never understood the logic of proclaiming whether or not you plan on purchasing a game. I do think it's hypocritical if you swear in July that you're done with 2K, then be here complaining or praising the game day 1. Let the new game speak for itself. If the old game soured you on the company as a whole that's cool. You can simply not buy. Or buy Live. There is an alternative.

At the same time, being wary of 2K18 is valid. 2K17 did feel sloppy and uneven. So I get, and hope, the people who were really letdown by it wait and see. Rent it or wait for reviews from people who game like you (ML, Park, MyTeam, MC) then make a choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #26
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Yes, especially the people who have been saying its trash for years.

If relationship between you and NBA 2k has gone sour, then get a divorce and move on.

There's another girl named NBA Live 18 who looks like she's gotten a makeover and is single and ready to mingle.

There's no need to keep coming back to the Forums to keep telling us how much you no longer love her. (You know who you are)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #27
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

I'm gonna buy the game day one. I'm gonna pre-order it too. The craziest thing is that 2K17 was amazing on day one. From me playing the 2KU scrimmage with unknown players 402,987 times to finally installing the full game I was in awe. Call it honeymoon phase, but I truly believe this game was at it's best at launch. Everything felt great except fastbreaks were broken and the defense was a little out of wack.

It wasn't until the unnecessary patches that I felt the game was declining. People that suck at basketball and just want to score 99 points with their MyPlayer so they can take their badges to the park and beat other people that are trash. That's when the on-ball defense got too sticky. That's when shooting entered the constant state of flux between way too good and way too awful. 2K devs adjust the game in such extremes with patches and that's what kills it. I remember during the shooting updates it felt like a different game every time I logged on. They need to take the "Git Gud" approach with some of these kids, man. You want to dominate? Play the game on rookie, offline, or practice the damn game! I won't be waiting to pick the game up because 2K catering to these bums is what truly breaks the game in my opinion.

I will however not be buying even a fraction of the VC I bought this year. I may spend $20 all year. Pull rates are awful and pack prices go up yearly. That to me is inexcusable.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #28
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

Icon14 Re: Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
I'm gonna buy the game day one. I'm gonna pre-order it too. The craziest thing is that 2K17 was amazing on day one. From me playing the 2KU scrimmage with unknown players 402,987 times to finally installing the full game I was in awe. Call it honeymoon phase, but I truly believe this game was at it's best at launch. Everything felt great except fastbreaks were broken and the defense was a little out of wack.

It wasn't until the unnecessary patches that I felt the game was declining. People that suck at basketball and just want to score 99 points with their MyPlayer so they can take their badges to the park and beat other people that are trash. That's when the on-ball defense got too sticky. That's when shooting entered the constant state of flux between way too good and way too awful. 2K devs adjust the game in such extremes with patches and that's what kills it. I remember during the shooting updates it felt like a different game every time I logged on. They need to take the "Git Gud" approach with some of these kids, man. You want to dominate? Play the game on rookie, offline, or practice the damn game! I won't be waiting to pick the game up because 2K catering to these bums is what truly breaks the game in my opinion.

I will however not be buying even a fraction of the VC I bought this year. I may spend $20 all year. Pull rates are awful and pack prices go up yearly. That to me is inexcusable.

thank you , to me game at launch was the best , then patches came along

ended up making 27 my players this year lol spent a lot of money and the crazy part I only play career and my team . I don't play park or pro am

that's why I hope the don't even separate the 2 but rather come up with a deferent Copy for online only LOL

seriously I want to play against NBA players so I want to play the actual game but I don't think that's an option until the online park kiddos calm down a little
Old 07-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I am 100% sure I won't buy it at release. I am on the fence this year. Because this past 2 years, I stopped suddenly playing the game way before the playoffs started. I lost interest both times. My thing was gameplay and AI logic. Unless I am blown away with info and gameplay videos, I won't buy it at all. I have no issues at all using GameFly to rent games for a month or so. I only buy video games if I am certain I will play it for more than 3-4 months.

If I like the info and gameplay, I will wait until Black Friday. With Patches and it taking so long to get Opening day rosters, I might as well wait until season is already started.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #30
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Great responses, guys! Thank you. I don't feel like crap anymore lol.

I bought WWE 2K17 on Black Friday last year because I was in financial straits, so if I do buy 2K18 I will do Black Friday. That's 2 months after release and as someone else said the patches begin in November. I'm an Amazon Prime member, so I have taken advantage of my pre-order bonus for games.

I'm buying Live 18 on day 1. That's happening. No ifs ands or buts there. That might be my new approach with NBA 2K18. I'm going to read every impression on OS, read and watch every review also.

I was salivating about the Houston Rockets and how I would play with them on 2K18 and I am like, I am doing it again! That was when I decided to make this thread. It's a hard thing to do. 2K has been in my life for ages. It feels right to pass on this iteration but we don't know what the game will be like but in my heart I hope I can resist temptation lol.

At the end of the day:

1. It's a video game.
2. It's my (your) money.

Many people have been burned by 2K17. We are tired of 2K. It's been a shift because NBA Live 18 has definitely made people stop and say, "wow, maybe I do need to pick this up?" I've been confident since day 1 with NBA Live 18 but you're so use to playing 2K basketball, you know? That's the hardest part about my decision this year.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #31
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Of course, it happens every year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #32
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Everyone is entitled to change their mind so its whatever....we dont have to put labels on anyone.

What I do know is maybe 10% of people actually follow through on the threat....and are back on board by the second trailer....so I never really got the idea of saying it on a yearly basis..

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 07-13-2017 at 06:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »