Home

I pray they improve crowd atmostphere this year!!

This is a discussion on I pray they improve crowd atmostphere this year!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #41
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I pray they improve crowd atmostphere this year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyrically
I'm waiting to see (I mean, listen to) the atmosphere and crowd reactions in the first gameplay videos. I believe if it is the same as last year, it's a -1 for the sales counter this year unfortunately .
Lol the amount of things people won't buy 2k for is hysterical.

"30 All-Time teams added? AND 16 new Classic Teams added? Story driven MyGM mode? Well, I'm not buying if they have baggy shorts."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
nba live crouds just " ohh and ahh". 2k goes for that television feeling so you wont get a reaction for any simple thing like a steal that happens. You are listening to playoff atmosphere on live now regular season which is very quiet even when going to a real nba game.
Yeah as in that grandpa's old television on mute feeling.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOnKoBe
2k needs too copy NBA live 18 they did it right felt like I was really at a warriors home game only thing missing is the real PA announcer
I agree. Copy it, just copy it.

https://youtu.be/r8cPthdDK-I

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Lol the amount of things people won't buy 2k for is hysterical.

"30 All-Time teams added? AND 16 new Classic Teams added? Story driven MyGM mode? Well, I'm not buying if they have baggy shorts."

I agree, but atmosphere is a huge part of the game for a lot of us. I mean it's a huge reason why people shell out hundreds of dollars for nosebleeds to a sporting event when you think about it. The energy, excitement, hype, all of it is part of the experience. 2k needs more of that energy.

Playing in Oracle arena should feel special. It should be intimidating for road teams.

I can't tell you how fun the NCAA games were. Playing campus legend/Road to glory as a small school QB and visiting hostile atmospheres like the Swamp, the Shoe, Happy Valley etc felt crazy fun. Playing the game on mute would have dampened the experience exponentially.

I want that same feel in 2k.

Turn Oracle into Roar'acle
Old 08-15-2017, 09:50 PM   #45
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

https://youtu.be/Gv4a2A6Dsv8

Wow just wow smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #46
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

On Topic:
I would love for 2k to improve their crowd atmosphere, especially during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters. But more importantly I want better contextual audio that fits the situation. Home team going on a 10-2, 14-2 runs, etc. Let's get the crowd on frantic mode. During turnovers, transition buckets. During defensive stoppages. A monster dunk by the home and away team. Away team timeouts to slow the home teams momentum; the home crowd should remain loud. Yes, they've improved the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter, but that's not enough to keep the audiophile and non-audiophile immersed.

Here's an example I captured 2 years ago, specifically on the crowds' reaction immediately following the timeout. I don't recall the exact scenario, but I believe Memphis was down by a whole bunch, they push the game five point. Klay draws a foul, sinks both free throws. Memphis calls a timeout. I figured considering the situation, the crowd would go crazy immediately following the timeout, especially when they were chanting MVP, MVP, MVP as Klay made his free throws.

The following video was posted Oct 5, 2015

Off Topic
:
This ongoing audio debate feels exactly like Gran Turismo vs Forza.

Gran Turismo can never get the sound right but it's a better simulation racer**. Forza feels a bit more arcade and those engine sounds are so much better. Then, you've got the other camp, Forza is the better simulation and has the better engine sounds, so by default it wins. Etc. etc. etc.

**Debatable, because I personally can't tell which is the better game. Plus, I no longer play racing games. But that's not the point.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #47
Banned

NewBreed1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOnKoBe
2k needs too copy NBA live 18 they did it right felt like I was really at a warriors home game only thing missing is the real PA announcer
2K kills Live in pretty much ever department. Except for atmosphere and lighting. Live takes the cake in these areas and has for a while now. Not sure why 2K can't improve there.

I just got done playing the Live demo. And I like how their player models' legs look not only thin, but long. They capture the length of these guys' legs better than 2K does.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:44 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
The free throws and booing stand out. That crowd is electric. Feels so real.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »