Home

NBA 2K18 Questions Thread: Hands-On Gameplay Aug 3rd

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Questions Thread: Hands-On Gameplay Aug 3rd within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K18 Questions Thread: Hands-On Gameplay Aug 3rd

Spot reserved. I'll re-edit this with that one thing with video/animated gif that I specifically would like to see addressed in 2k18. It's basically about "predictable animation" ... the three point corner off-ball screen.

EDIT:
The following gif shows the predictable nature of a CPU's off-ball screen at the corner. This happens on all difficulties including HOF. My biggest gripe about this is it makes the game too easy to defend because I could see it from a mile away. Everyone of the CPU stays "still" at their position even with the ball handler at the top of the three point line. I see the CPU positioned to set up an off-ball corner screen, which is why I switched to Klay Thompson playing off ball defense so I could counter the CPU's attempt.

What I would like for you to look for, and you must switch using "icon player select" to select the corner defender if you see this exact same situation.
(1) I would like to see the ball handler (at the top of the 3 point line) potentially attack the basket while the off-ball screen is happening.
(2) I would like to see the cpu off-ball screener actually try to do a better job at setting the screen even when you're controlling the off-ball defender (Klay Thompson).
(3) I would like to see Gordon Hayward at the other side of the three point line also do something else (i.e. cut to the basket or just have movement).
(4) I would like to see maybe instead of Crowder (off-ball screener) setting a screen for Avery Bradley, maybe in this same instance, Avery Bradley would be the one to set a screen while Crowder uses the screen to get to the basket.
(5) Notice how I controlled Klay Thompson immediately in front of the screener, I would like to have to Avery Bradley immediately cut to the basket instead of waiting for Crowder to set the screen when I got Klay out of position.

In other words, I want to see more (and multiple) CPU player movement to throw the user off even if they're calling a set play. I want to need to focus on multiple areas of the court, not just one as is the case with these off-ball corner screens the cpu sets, or just any type of CPU set plays. Plus, these off-ball screens aren't effective against the user that controls the off-ball defender.

The game needs to be much more difficult because this is the only year I manage to finally beat the HOF within 1 - 2 weeks of having the game. It's too easy on HOF.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 08-02-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #10
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Has interior defense been improved? More specifically do your AI teammate defenders steal more passes inside the paint? Is picking off passes in the passing lane easier in general?

Does the game no longer fore you out of position when a pass is thrown to a player in the paint?

Has player movement on defense been fixed? Is it easier to turn your players around? Do they still get stuck in that backpedal animation?

Is transition defense fixed? Do defenders still wander around after a basket is scored or do they run back on defense with more urgency? Has defense on fastbreaks been improved? Does your AI teammate still stand in the middle of the paint on the fastbreak?

Is the AI fastbreak logic better? Do AI teammates fill out the lanes properly?

Is automatic shot contest still in the game?

Is the basketball more tangible? Are "bump steals" back?

Have they improved the pick and roll defense?

Have they adjusted the passing to more realistic speeds? Do players still throw laser beam passes and zero gravity lob passes?

Have they done any tweaking to the steal system? Does the game still force you into animations when someone goes for a steal?

Has the On The Fly menu system been tweaked to be more user friendly? What about the timeout menu?

By the way can you try and get some human vs human gameplay on Hall of Fame settings? A lot of these gameplay issues don't show themselves when playing against the CPU on lower difficulties. They usually pop-up when going against other human players.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #11
Banned

Is the shot meter the same or new?

Is layup timing still out of whack or was it adjusted to make it more realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #12
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Has interior defense been improved? More specifically do your AI teammate defenders steal more passes inside the paint? Is picking off passes in the passing lane easier in general?

Does the game no longer fore you out of position when a pass is thrown to a player in the paint?

Has player movement on defense been fixed? Is it easier to turn your players around? Do they still get stuck in that backpedal animation?

Is transition defense fixed? Do defenders still wander around after a basket is scored or do they run back on defense with more urgency? Has defense on fastbreaks been improved? Does your AI teammate still stand in the middle of the paint on the fastbreak?

Is the AI fastbreak logic better? Do AI teammates fill out the lanes properly?

Is automatic shot contest still in the game?

Is the basketball more tangible? Are "bump steals" back?

Have they improved the pick and roll defense?

Have they adjusted the passing to more realistic speeds? Do players still throw laser beam passes and zero gravity lob passes?

Have they done any tweaking to the steal system? Does the game still force you into animations when someone goes for a steal?

Has the On The Fly menu system been tweaked to be more user friendly? What about the timeout menu?

By the way can you try and get some human vs human gameplay on Hall of Fame settings? A lot of these gameplay issues don't show themselves when playing against the CPU on lower difficulties. They usually pop-up when going against other human players.
I second all of these wholeheartedly.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #13
Rookie

Are their still super slow layup and dunk animations?

Does it still take a while sometimes to inbound the ball after a made shot?

Does the Cpu still make crazy one handed interceptions?

Are their still delayed catch and shoot animations?

Does the jumpshot you have equipped still matter more than you ratings?

Do refs still run into players on the court?

Is the penalty for throwing long passes still very strict?

Is it still ridiculously hard for users to intercept passes?

Does the player your controlling still move if you don't touch the left stick?

Are some jumpshot bases still impossible to catch and shoot off of without pausing?

Can you still draw blocking fouls by trying to run out of bounds?

Can players with high ball control still dribble through people without losing the ball?

Last edited by dxyyz1; 08-02-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #14
Rookie

ricardo.13's Arena

OVR: 1

Shoot meter is like 2k14/2k15 2k16 now?
Substitution on Dpad will be back?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Defensive movement....still get stuck with the backpeddle animation? Slow defensive animations killed the game for me.

See if they still have a fake coach show up on quick games.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #16
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

1. Is the drop ball animation still in the game ?
2. control responsiveness improved/same/worst?
3. is bumping still have a high frequency to compensate for the ease of easily being out of defensive position?
4. over physically and collisions animation.....improved/same/worst?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »