Home

An Early Look at NBA 2K18 Gameplay Changes

This is a discussion on An Early Look at NBA 2K18 Gameplay Changes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: An Early Look at NBA 2K18 Gameplay Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
On stream last night, Annoying TV said that he was told that 2K realized that were holding people's hands with the constant patches and listening to weak players toooo much. Apparently they aren't patching things unless they really have to, instead of daily tweaks
Thank god. Kids on the park would just scream and cry because they weren't good.

Admittedly I'm not that good because I don't play too much, but I don't complain because of it. Just for the love of the game.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:24 PM   #74
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
On stream last night, Annoying TV said that he was told that 2K realized that were holding people's hands with the constant patches and listening to weak players toooo much. Apparently they aren't patching things unless they really have to, instead of daily tweaks
Definitely a lot of hand holding in year's game. NBA training wheels
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #75
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Honestly, "artificial stupidity" sounds like the dumbest idea ever. What is the purpose of the Defensive Consistency, On-Ball, Low Post, PnR, Help Defense IQ attributes and Defensive Awareness slider then? Too many forced actions and animations already...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 09:46 PM   #76
Banned

NewBreed1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I'm sure you mean 2K18.

2K17 is the $5.00 call girl who harasses you at the traffic light.
I may have to give 2K17 another spin.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #77
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Honestly, "artificial stupidity" sounds like the dumbest idea ever. What is the purpose of the Defensive Consistency, On-Ball, Low Post, PnR, Help Defense IQ attributes and Defensive Awareness slider then? Too many forced actions and animations already...
Well I dunno.

I took it to mean some players would be weak links in rotations while the better defenders make prompt rotations and help.

If I understood it right, it's positive.

There 100% should be differential between strong and weak defenders when it comes to help and rotations.

I think the term "artificial stupidity" was just used to emphasize that there is a distinct difference.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #78
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
What I noticed first was the responsiveness and fluidity of the players when I was playing defense. As a group, some of us felt defense was tougher to play, and others felt it was easier. After discussing, it seems a lot of these differences came from the actual player matchups. Kyle Lowry made playing defense seem much harder when going up against Russell Westbrook, yet you’d have an “easier” time when using Chris Paul — both are solid defenders, but Paul is all-NBA on that end and so it fits with the concept. A subtle, yet effective change.
Can you explain this? Did you actually use CP3 and did it feel like he had more on ball magnetism or he had more agility on defense when controlled?

No one mentioned CPU on ball defense and transition defense improvement

Quote:
There are now individual movement sliders to control ball handlers or players without the ball. This all works in conjunction with the improved movement system mentioned above.
Did a dev explain anything about this especially ball handler portion?
Old 08-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #79
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, what we've had the last couple of years was "accidental stupidity", i.e. illogical defensive breakdowns, so if the defense is finally then, yes "artificial stupidity"defensive failure based on various defensive ratings- would be necessary to create a realistic game.

Also, people can use tired buzzwords if they like, but regardless of any failures in implementation of features, 2K has never made a ".5" game. It's absurd to insinuate otherwise.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:35 PM   #80
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

For the first time this year ima try something new. I usually preorder 2k. No questions asked. On release day go out and get it at 12:00 am. Thats that. This year ima wait until full reviews come in for both games and im going to end up renting both. See how it goes. Then ima decide which one to buy. Bcuz 2k17 was the least ive played 2k since the beginning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »