Home

Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

This is a discussion on Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 04:32 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

Damn. This exactly what I didn't want in the game -_-

This game is going to live and die by the 3 even more so now, and anyone without a shooting sub Archetype will be pretty useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 04:33 PM   #18
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
....if the Speed With ball is alright, or at least has a good first step....This might be me. How's that b-real bar go? "Get out the lane I'm coming through, and if you don't wanna move I'm coming right through you"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'll bet anything that you will need to have playmaker archetype, to have good speed with the ball as a slasher. ''Pure'' probably means a super high driving drunk/layup
Old 08-31-2017, 04:33 PM   #19
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

I want whatever Kyrie or Steph is tbh. I want to get as much use out of this new 1 v 1 dribble mechanic as possible. So most likely playmaker and shooting PG. I just hope it's not too cheesy. I want to be able to knock down an open three at a decent clip, not shoot 94% on stepback threes.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:37 PM   #20
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
I'll bet anything that you will need to have playmaker archetype, to have good speed with the ball as a slasher. ''Pure'' probably means a super high driving drunk/layup
I had good speed last year as a Slasher. I feel like it will work like this: You pick Slasher and playmaker: Your skills that overlap average out(Like if Slasher has 88 speed with ball, and playmaker is 96, the combination will end up at 92.).

So It'll find a median between the numbers. Otherwise we're looking at some super broken possibilities.

I feel like that's the point of "Pure". Pure is just the straight up archetype, half and half has to be a balance of the 2, otherwise there's a ton of archetypes that will be useless and a few that there will be no point in not using.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 08-31-2017, 04:38 PM   #21
MVP

ph33's Arena

I just hope shooting isn't so OP and is more realistic, and that there's different ways to generate offense at the highest levels besides all the non-sense that went on in the upper tiers last year.

We'll see later on how the combos work together. You really got to give people weaknesses that they can feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 04:39 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I just hope shooting isn't so OP and is more realistic, and that there's different ways to generate offense at the highest levels besides all the non-sense that went on in the upper tiers last year.

We'll see later on how the combos work together. You really got to give people weaknesses that they can feel.
Or that things like shooting slasher has way lower caps than combos that would be naturally more realistic
Old 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM   #23
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Already thinking about a Sharpshooting Slasher or Playmaking slasher. Sounds like the only players able of guarding it will be the ones with defensive archetypes in their player. I like it
Old 08-31-2017, 04:50 PM   #24
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

Looks like if you go 2 different archetypes you only have gold badges, 5 gold per archetype but if you go a single archetype you get the hof badges.. I don't like that. Some hof badges are OP like limitless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »